Whoever decided to locate State

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
90 miles from the greatest football program in the South go right to hell! I’m mean seriously, we can have a blue chipper grow up close to Starkville, root for the Bulldogs all his life, and Bama can swoop in and take them. And there’s really no argument you can make against it.

Here’s hoping Bama pulls another Ray Perkins and cans DeBoer because he’s not Saban. Eventually you go from the Bear to Mike DuBose.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I remember watching Freddie Milions in high school. ....and then again at Bama. Ugh.

It's just the way it has always been. Also with some basketball players.

On top of players, their proximity to east Mississippi drains our resources as far as fans and corporate sponsors. It really sucks.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I remember watching Freddie Milions in high school. ....and then again at Bama. Ugh.

It's just the way it has always been. Also with some basketball players.

On top of players, their proximity to east Mississippi drains our resources as far as fans and corporate sponsors. It really sucks.
Same on the Coast with LSU.

We don’t even control Jackson. Ole Miss is the dominant program there and they also control a chunk of Memphis.

Hell we can’t even keep even the whole of the Golden Triangle to ourselves, like you say.

Until the majority of our fans completely digest our disadvantages, we will continue to do the same dumb things.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Beating A Dead Horse GIF by 100 gecs

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
90 miles from the greatest football program in the South go right to hell! I’m mean seriously, we can have a blue chipper grow up close to Starkville, root for the Bulldogs all his life, and Bama can swoop in and take them. And there’s really no argument you can make against it.

Here’s hoping Bama pulls another Ray Perkins and cans DeBoer because he’s not Saban. Eventually you go from the Bear to Mike DuBose.
Yeah we knew that stuff about football in 1878.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016

We don’t even control Jackson. Ole Miss is the dominant program there and they also control a chunk of Memphis.

Hell we can’t even keep even the whole of the Golden Triangle to ourselves, like you say.

Until the majority of our fans completely digest our disadvantages, we will continue to do the same dumb things.
I thought you didn't live in MS. How do you know.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019

Ole Miss isn’t the dominant as you say program in the Jackson metro area. Do you just make **** up to fit your negative narrative?

ezsoil

May 26, 2013
Maybe he looked at our signing classes and figured we will have a logjam at that position....thats my complaint with Lebby so far ...he signed Some great receivers ..but there are other positions on the team....

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
The level of expectations between our 2 programs is illustrated with Ray Perkins. He was fired after going 10-3 with a top 10 finish.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
The level of expectations between our 2 programs is illustrated with Ray Perkins. He was fired after going 10-3 with a top 10 finish.
Perkins wasn't fired, he took a lucrative offer from Hugh Culverhouse to coach the Buccaneers. He thoroughly pissed off some powerful boosters and was on thin ice when alum Culverhouse threw him a lifeline.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Perkins wasn't fired, he took a lucrative offer from Hugh Culverhouse to coach the Buccaneers. He thoroughly pissed off some powerful boosters and was on thin ice when alum Culverhouse threw him a lifeline.
Damn. I don’t know why always thought he was fired.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Ole Miss isn’t the dominant as you say program in the Jackson metro area. Do you just make **** up to fit your negative narrative?
Majority, not dominant, I guess I should say. The point is, you can't go there and say, "This is a strong MSU town". That actually doesn't exist outside Starkville, at least when it comes to decent sized towns.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Damn. I don’t know why always thought he was fired.
He was reviled by the fans, so thinking he was fired is not surprising. Bill Curry wasn't fired, either. He went 10-2 and resigned to take the Kentucky job, because everyone hated him, too.

But that just gave Bama the opportunity to hire Stallings and win another championship.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
He was reviled by the fans, so thinking he was fired is not surprising. Bill Curry wasn't fired, either. He went 10-2 and resigned to take the Kentucky job, because everyone hated him, too.

But that just gave Bama the opportunity to hire Stallings and win another championship.
Yeah I remember the Curry situation. I think they were taking away his power to hire his own staff. It also didn’t help that he couldn’t beat Auburn.

gtowndawg

Jan 23, 2007

I've lived in Memphis for 35 years. I would say there is an easy 2-1 State advantage now. It might be more like 3-1. Lot's of people we know thru school, church, work, even where we live (literally our neighborhood) have had kids at State, or have kids at State right now. Many of whom never had any connection to State at all.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I've lived in Memphis for 35 years. I would say there is an easy 2-1 State advantage now. It might be more like 3-1. Lot's of people we know thru school, church, work, even where we live (literally our neighborhood) have had kids at State, or have kids at State right now. Many of whom never had any connection to State at all.
That's good, I hope the reality is the same as you've noticed. Pretty common knowledge that MSU has recruited Memphis hard for 20-25 years.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login