Whoever said we would play "gorilla ball" this yea

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
You were right. 4 HR in <3 games. 20 runs scored so far.

On the flip side: Where the hell is this great pitching staff we've heard about?

Todd04State

May 2, 2006
I'm gonna go ahead and pat myself on the back because I said that we were thin, had little experinence and had no ace.

There's still plenty of time for them to prove me wrong. I sure hope that they do.

Feb 23, 2008
we would be alright as a pitching staff but heck, we returned like 90% of our wins from a year ago and around 90% of our strikeouts according to Polk. I guess that just goes to show that a person can make statistics sound however they like. What's really crazy is these are our vets getting rocked. At this point, let's give the freshmen a chance. Moore pitched as well Friday as anyone else has so far.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Problem is, in my heart of hearts, I feel pretty confident that last year we just got hot for 5 games and our run to Omaha was some what of a fluke. I mean we were even one of the last SEC teams to even make the regionals and then we were fortunate in that we lucked into a SR at home. Before I become a Polk believer again he is going to have to give me one year where we actually compete for the SEC championship (and I'm not talking about a tourney title that you get hot for 3 or 4 days and win). We haven't competed for a regular season true SEC championship since about 1991 or so.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Quote:_________________________________________________Problem is, in my heart of hearts, I feel pretty confident that last year we just got hot for 5 games and our run to Omaha was some what of a fluke._________________________________________________
If people would be really honest, I think pretty much everyone realizes that's what happened.

BewareOfMSUDawg

Oct 8, 2006
Although we may turn out to be OK this year, we haven't been an elite program in a LONG time. The sad thing is, if Polk would stop tilting at NCAA windmills and focus on making us elite again, I think we could be. But that ain't gonna happen.

The super regional sure was fun, though. But I would be surprised if it happened again with Polk still coaching us.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login