Who's Your Under The Radar Player for '23?

LionsAndBears

All-Conference
Dec 7, 2009
2,410
4,319
113
I'll go with Kobe King. The story on King was that he didn't have as good of a grasp on the Defense as Elsdon which prevented him from being the full-time starter last year. If we're to believe the reports, the mental part of the game has now caught up with his physical ability.

I think he's gonna make a name for himself this year.
 

bbrown

Heisman
Jul 26, 2001
15,112
30,556
113
I'll go with Kobe King. The story on King was that he didn't have as good of a grasp on the Defense as Elsdon which prevented him from being the full-time starter last year. If we're to believe the reports, the mental part of the game has now caught up with his physical ability.

I think he's gonna make a name for himself this year.
I think I’ll go with an OLineman. It’s not a “sexy” pick but Vega Ioane.
 

LB99

Heisman
Oct 27, 2021
10,776
15,669
113
I sincerely hope it’s one of the DTs. They are deep at DT, but need someone to be “that dude”.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LionsAndBears

1000 OaksLion

All-Conference
Jul 15, 2001
876
1,364
93
A real dark horse but Anthony Ivey. He looked decent in the spring game. And if the guys ahead of him have too many drops he may get his chance.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LB99

LB99

Heisman
Oct 27, 2021
10,776
15,669
113
A real dark horse but Anthony Ivey. He looked decent in the spring game. And if the guys ahead of him have too many drops he may get his chance.
You may be right. The staff seems to be desperately looking for someone to step up here. I think they really want Kaden Saunders to be that guy, but so far there isn’t a clear guy from the last 2 WR recruiting classes to do so. The longer the situation plays out, the more opportunities there are for more guys to step up.
 

fairgambit

All-American
Aug 20, 2010
2,450
7,534
113
I'll go with Kobe King. The story on King was that he didn't have as good of a grasp on the Defense as Elsdon which prevented him from being the full-time starter last year. If we're to believe the reports, the mental part of the game has now caught up with his physical ability.

I think he's gonna make a name for himself this year.
Under the Radar?
Mrs. Burghoff?
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Penn State bowl projections: Where could the Lions play in the postseason after losing to Wisconsin?
  2. 02 BWI Recruiting Penn State recruits weigh in after Wisconsin heartbreak: 'I don't see them losing another game this year'
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting Penn State's recruiting weekend: 2027 RB Jordan Hall books a return, top 2028s talk Nittany Lions
  4. 04 BWI Football Here's why Penn State's Offense Imploded Against Wisconsin
  5. 05 BWI Football It's Penn State-Northwestern week: Game time, spread, channel, streaming info, storylines, more