Why….

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Why do we keep trotting Fristoe to the mound when the result is all too predictable. Why….

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
No lead is safe with any of our relievers. And starters too. Hope he pulls a Kiffin in the Portal. Can we now advertise that we have a lot of openings?

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
That wasn’t the problem. The walk and HBP were. And it’s not a new problem.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
Everyone who complains about our pitching choices never seems to propose who they would trot out to the mound instead. There simply are just no good options in our bullpen right now.

Why do we keep trotting Fristoe to the mound when the result is all too predictable. Why….

fang

Nov 29, 2010
I’ve been hoping against hope that something would click and we’d get at least a little wind in our sail's……

Honest question: How did the evaluations get it so wrong on the bullpen guys?

expireddog

Oct 4, 2013
Cheatam has looked decent his last few outings. I don't think Jack Walker has pitched since he started against Jackson State. They can't be any worse than what is being thrown out there now. You have to try something different.

philduckworth

Feb 20, 2015
Everyone who complains about our pitching choices never seems to propose who they would trot out to the mound instead. There simply are just no good options in our bullpen right now.

You bring in Preston Johnson in Game 1 to try and win a freaking game. A&M brought in their Game 2 starter out of the pen Friday and they have a much better bullpen than us.

You don't keep doing the same thing and expect a different result.

philduckworth

Feb 20, 2015
It's reasonable to think that if we go Brandon Smith/Preston Johnson Game 1 and Cade Smith/KC Hunt game 2, we are up 2-0.

Sunday would be a challenge but so what. Preston could probably come back for an inning or 2 on Sunday. And Sunday would be the time to give Fristoe, Tepper, Talley, Kohn their innings.

What if we are down on Friday? That's simple, don't pitch Preston and let him start Saturday. We already know Preston is comfortable out of the pen.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Didn’t KC Hunt blow the game last night? So what makes you think he would’ve locked down game two? Everyone in our bullpen sucks. Whoever we run out there is going to blow up so y’all will complain about literally everyone who pitches because they all suck.

philduckworth

Feb 20, 2015
Didn’t KC Hunt blow the game last night? So what makes you think he would’ve locked down game two? Everyone in our bullpen sucks. Whoever we run out there is going to blow up so y’all will complain about literally everyone who pitches because they all suck.

KC is our 4th best pitcher, so that's why I had him 4th. My reasoning is that Cade Smith and KC could have held A&M to 5 runs or fewer for the win. KC needs a clean inning, but he really didn't pitch too bad last night if you watched the game.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Name one man in the bullpen that you trust to close out a game. I'll wait.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
We have to pitch guys like this because our bullpen depth is atrocious. Not sure why that’s so hard for some to understand. We have four key arms that have been out for a large portion of the season with injuries and several others who haven’t developed well to this point.

Gotta stop pretending we have a ton of good options to work with right now. We absolutely don’t.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
KC is our 4th best pitcher, so that's why I had him 4th. My reasoning is that Cade Smith and KC could have held A&M to 5 runs or fewer for the win. KC needs a clean inning, but he really didn't pitch too bad last night if you watched the game.

You mean how KC shut down Florida last Saturday?

We have no one. Nothing works with this pitching staff.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
I am halfway surprised that somebody hasn’t threatened bodily harm to some of these relief pitchers or even the starters who put the offense many runs down in the early innings.

philduckworth

Feb 20, 2015
We have to pitch guys like this because our bullpen depth is atrocious. Not sure why that’s so hard for some to understand. We have four key arms that have been out for a large portion of the season with injuries and several others who haven’t developed well to this point.

Gotta stop pretending we have a ton of good options to work with right now. We absolutely don’t.

We don't have a ton of good options, that's why you close with PJ if you have a chance to win.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

Exactly what are other choices? I have seen Fristoe look great one outing and pitiful the next

Just
Everyone
Else We Have...

At this point of the season you should be acclimated to the performance we are going to get outta our pen this season.

I would recommend finding something else to do like maybe fishing? At least until next year.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
Good call on this one. Cheatham looked great today. ******

Cheatam has looked decent his last few outings. I don't think Jack Walker has pitched since he started against Jackson State. They can't be any worse than what is being thrown out there now. You have to try something different.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login