Why am I not surprised Lebby says in the paper today we will play 2 QBs Saturday? There's an old

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
quote attributed to Bear Bryant that says "if you have to play two QB's its a sure sign you don't have 1 good one". I know neither of ours have had much playing time but Bryant also said "I ask you to give me everything you've got in practice so I will know what you can give me in a game".

Discuss, should we alternate? Does this make one more likely to leave after this season?

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Yeah that mostly applies to your original starter. Of course we are going to give the back ups both a chance.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
One is probably bigger, stronger and has been in the program longer and is more mentally ready to play. The other is a freshman with a lot of talent. See which one pans out.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
Eh, I wouldn't read much into it. MVB is the new starter, but there's nothing wrong with leaving the door cracked for Parson to get a few drives too. Both are gonna play because it's gonna be a blow out.

There's a lot of things to be upset and worried about. But Lebby saying that our current QB2 will get some snaps is not one of them.

Reactions: Dawgg

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
quote attributed to Bear Bryant that says "if you have to play two QB's its a sure sign you don't have 1 good one". I know neither of ours have had much playing time but Bryant also said "I ask you to give me everything you've got in practice so I will know what you can give me in a game".

Discuss, should we alternate? Does this make one more likely to leave after this season?
We’re not winning. What does it matter?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

crap

22yardpunt

Dec 20, 2009

Of course we don't have a QB 1. We had one but he was injured and is now out for the season.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Strictly speaking, we did this some with Nick Fitzgerald and Elijah Staley in garbage time in 2015. If Dak had suffered a serious injury in 2015, we would have been in the same situation then.

I tend to agree with the "if you've got two quarterbacks, you've got no quarterbacks" mantra normally, but this is a different situation.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Theconnormead

Jan 26, 2023

I would be extremely hesitant throwing a freshman, with zero starts and very little meaningful playing time, to the wolves. Texas and Ga could absolutely ruin any confidence he has. Pass protection will be non-existent, it could look like Tyson Lee at Ole Miss.

Reactions: patdog

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Poor Bear Bryant, his 6 star QB beats out his bench of 5 star QBs. **

(not sure ** are needed here, besides, he has a 6 star guy because he can - it's Bama)

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Normally in these types of situations, it’s good for an offense to lean more heavily on its running game, and that’s a scary proposition for this group

Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Like others have said, not a big deal since they are both backups.

Hopefully, some of the stuff that has already happened this year will help to cool down the craziness with portal Qb signings as far as dumping $$ on them.

Ewers hurt for multiple games. SMU benched Stone. Michigan qb shuffle, Auburn, OUs mess at QB, DJ Ukelele an absolute bust and on and on

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
Being concerned about Lebby not picking 1 Qb is so far down the list of concerns I need binoculars to see it. Tho as some others have said the main goal of Saturdays game should be leave Texas without losing another QB. After this game we may be starting a walk on.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004

I think it's very obvious that the one good one got hurt last week, and beyond that there's only one way to find out about the other two.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
It matters because they have to study both of their high school game films now

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login