Why are folks hating on Travis Kelce?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The only thing that I can think of is he is very arrogant. He's very very good, but he will sure tell you about it, even if you don't ask.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
He gives off the same vibe that Philip Rivers did in San Diego, that of an obnoxious dickhead. No denying the talent though.

Reactions: Mjoelner

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Because he's this guy's son:

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Even though it happens all the time away from cameras, fans don’t like seeing players fight teammates. Do the same thing in a game against different laundry, fans say, “That’s my dawg!”

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
He’s your guy if you’re picking 5 - 7 in fantasy this year, IMO.

I’m considering it but I just hate the thought of drafting a TE that early. It’s a big risk if he were to get injured, and he’s 34 now. I’m wondering if you’re not better off taking a mid range TE in the middle rounds and load up on premier WR and RB early.

I dunno, maybe I’m still burned by taking Andrews early last year (late 2nd/early 3rd) and it not really paying off in the long haul. I had a pretty brutal draft last year so I’m already overthinking this year lol.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I’m considering it but I just hate the thought of drafting a TE that early. It’s a big risk if he were to get injured, and he’s 34 now. I’m wondering if you’re not better off taking a mid range TE in the middle rounds and load up on premier WR and RB early.

I dunno, maybe I’m still burned by taking Andrews early last year (late 2nd/early 3rd) and it not really paying off in the long haul. I had a pretty brutal draft last year so I’m already overthinking this year lol.

I’m in this same boat. Very torn. Kelce is in that Brady zone where he’s already been performing at an elite level for so much longer than he’s supposed to that you know its going to just keep happening….until it doesn’t. Nobody wants to spend a 1st rounder and be left holding the bag when the inevitable drop off occurs. I’ve always heard it said about fantasy, “No matter what, you can’t win the championship with your 1st round pick, but you can certainly lose it with your 1st Round pick”. I like as much of an iron clad, sure thing as I can get in the 1st, then just build from there.

That being said, I’d probably consider taking him in the late 1st, especially knowing you’d get a good early 2nd round guy to pair him with and reduce that top tier of the roster risk. But in the 5-7 range, you’re gonna have other options of guys that can give you an explosion of a season (300-350 points). And either way you’re not picking again for awhile. That’s kind of overpaying for a 34 year old….just my two cents.

Reactions: Motodawg

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I think he’s on roids. It shouldn’t be humanly possible for an NFL tight end to be doing what he’s doing at 34. If he’s clean, it’s an unheard of anomaly

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010

I hear you. It’s hard to take Kelce at 1.6 and love your team. But, he’s quite an asset when week after week you feel like your TE is guaranteed to score 7 to 10+ points than you opponent. Im taking him behind Jefferson, Chase, McCaffrey, Eckler, Cupp & Robinson.

He also isn’t falling much. I never see him slip past 10 or 11.

Reactions: Motodawg

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Pat McAfee had to take a random after hitting a 65 fg. I think if Kelce was PED'd we'd know about it by now.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I’m in this same boat. Very torn. Kelce is in that Brady zone where he’s already been performing at an elite level for so much longer than he’s supposed to that you know its going to just keep happening….until it doesn’t. Nobody wants to spend a 1st rounder and be left holding the bag when the inevitable drop off occurs. I’ve always heard it said about fantasy, “No matter what, you can’t win the championship with your 1st round pick, but you can certainly lose it with your 1st Round pick”. I like as much of an iron clad, sure thing as I can get in the 1st, then just build from there.

That being said, I’d probably consider taking him in the late 1st, especially knowing you’d get a good early 2nd round guy to pair him with and reduce that top tier of the roster risk. But in the 5-7 range, you’re gonna have other options of guys that can give you an explosion of a season (300-350 points). And either way you’re not picking again for awhile. That’s kind of overpaying for a 34 year old….just my two cents.

I agree. I like Kelce a lot more if I have a late 1st round pick than I do a mid 1st. I’ve done several mock drafts and I have liked my team better when I’ve had a late 1st anyway.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Tony Gonzales would like a word.
Is weird how TEs just seem to have lasting ability. I guess because they are so big 220 pound safeties are less likely to headhunt? I literally had no idea Jimmy Graham was still playing until Matthieu was joking about asking him if he was a coach.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I think he’s on roids. It shouldn’t be humanly possible for an NFL tight end to be doing what he’s doing at 34. If he’s clean, it’s an unheard of anomaly
I could be completely wrong and to some this might be a duh statement. Given the move of modern offenses to a pass catching tall tight end these guys are not be asked to dig out a defensive end off set on their shoulder anymore in a run blocking kinda of way. Not to say there are not still some blocking tight ends because they still exist. Kelce not having to run block as much and being split out means less physical play leading to a longer career. Just the Devil’s thoughts and I like him late first round as well.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login