Why are so many State fans rooting for Tenn?

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
Honestly, for a team like Bama, I think it might be easier for us to win after they suffer a loss. One of the most difficult things in playing them, especially on the road, is this mental game that they are Bama and nobody really has a chance, especially little Mississippi State. I really think after a loss, some of that inevitably of Bama winning every game is gone.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
Buck Fama. I hope they lose. I hope their kids lose their Saturday little league. I hope their parents lose their jobs, I hope their girlfriends have an STD.

We can worry about UT in Atlanta, payback is due

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
You should try living up here with these hillbillies. The last decade or more has only been tolerable because UT has sucked balls. They became irritating again during baseball season, and now are absolutely insane with the football resurgance. They need to be MUST be knocked back down!

Roll Tide!

Sep 4, 2012
This. If you have aspirations of winning the West, you want Bama to get an SEC
You should try living up here with these hillbillies. The last decade or more has only been tolerable because UT has sucked balls. They became irritating again during baseball season, and now are absolutely insane with the football resurgance. They need to be MUST be knocked back down!

Roll Tide!
This

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
We control that destiny. If we win out we go to Atlanta. I don't think that will happen but we take care of business we don't have to worry about who ends wins or loses.
I think we’re still going to lose one more. We absolutely need Bama AND UMiss to have one loss before we play them AND we have to beat them both.

17 that LSU loss!

Reactions: WilCoDawg

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
We need Bama to lose one game and it needs to be us.
Wrong, unless you think we can beat Bama and Georgia. We need everyone in the west to have two losses, and both UM and Bama need two and one of each need to be to us. If that happens, we win the west. If Bama doesn’t lose two, it doesn’t matter because I don’t see us beating Bama and GA. Since we crapped the bed against LSU, we need TN to win, or else we cannot win the west under likely scenarios.

Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack
Aug 22, 2012
I’d much rather face Bama after they win a hard-fought battle than after a loss wherin they take it out on us.
Because, in the event of a three way tie in the SEC West of teams that are 6-2 in conference, that is part of the equation to give us our best chance to go to Atlanta.

Basically, if we beat Bama and Tennessee beats Bama, it gives us breathing room against Georgia if there's a three way tie between us, Bama, and Ole Miss.

Reactions: MississippiTexan

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
We are NOT going to beat both Alabama and Georgia and most likely won’t win either of those games. Sorry, but this is unfortunately reality. I would love to be wrong, but I’m not.

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
We dont play tenn, we do play alabama. Id rather bama win for that reason.
Secondly. Tennessee fans are as bad as bama fans and worse in some aspects if they start winning consistently again. They need to get knocked down a peg

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012

Roll Tide!
You must not live in Nashville. There’s just as many Bama fans as Vol fans here. I don’t expect UT to be able to repeat this year after their coach jets once the season is over.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I’d rather see Tennessee win because I’m tired of seeing Gump skate on lackluster performances. It’s time for them to go down.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
But, we have already had a West Loss. Bama needs to go down, We need to win out.
Ole Miss has an easier road than us. Bama might be their only loss up to the egg bowl. We need Bama, us and Ole Miss in a three-way tie. We are going to have to win out regardless.

Reactions: PBRME

Colonel Kang

Sep 29, 2022
If you want MSU to win the West, then you should be rooting for Tennessee PERIOD.

If MSU didn't have UGA on the schedule, I wouldn't care as much, but Alabama losing today allows us to beat Bama & lose to UGA while still having a chance to win the West.

If you're not into voodoo, Dey Mad, type crap and are actually interested in what is the most likely path for MSU to get to Atlanta, then it's a no brainer that we need Tennessee to win today

Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack

HouTxBulldog

Jun 9, 2019
And Peyton was the only one to pick Kentucky on Game Day. Another minor reason to hate Tennessee…. He’s a Manning

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Bama not the only team to worry about in the West. Potential to have 9-0 vs 9-0 in Oxford on November 12th is not that far fetched.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Bama not the only team to worry about in the West. Potential to have 9-0 vs 9-0 in Oxford on November 12th is not that far fetched.
This is why Bama needs to win every game except ours.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login