Why didn't we?

Aug 3, 2011
At least try to ice the kicker on the tying field goal. We had two timeouts and there was like 5 seconds left. Worth a shot.
Icing the kicker has been hindered by the newer rules. I think you have to mix it up and do it sometimes and not do it sometimes. It only creates uncertainty once. If you call the timeout, they know there is no chance that is coming again. On the other hand, if you don’t call it, it is in the back of their mind that it can be called.

I get more annoyed that we don’t give our most electrifying player a shot with 5 seconds left on a kickoff return. Have him in the back of the end zone and take it out no matter what.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
And why didn’t we at least stop the clock then instead of letting them run it down?
Bingo.
also, I don’t care how deep in the endzone they kick it, give Tulu the damn green light on a return at the end of the game. Letting the ball bounce 7 yards deep in the endzone without a return is a waste of the best return guy in the dang country.
Imagine if he broke one, well we will never know.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
I mean, there is zero % chance that Will Rogers could score from the 25. Hell we took a knee I think to end regulation. Why not give Tulu a shot to return it, if you are kneeling it anyway. TD or just go down.

Mayor of Little London

Dec 26, 2016
I agreed with not calling the timeout and letting them run it down. We had not stopped them all night. If we call the timeout, they probably go for it and win the game.
Same here.

If I was watching a team I wasn’t a fan of I might question it, but in the stands last night I was praying the clock would move faster. Felt like they were about to win it right there. Also felt like they would have momentum in overtime too but I liked those chances better.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Icing doesn't work and nobody should bother. The absolute most we should ever do is the "fake ice" that Dan Mullen did a couple of times.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
I still remember the 2010 Florida game when Florida's kicker glanced over to Mullen before the kick where Mullen was waiting to call a time out. At that moment Mullen knew to not call the timeout and the kicker missed.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I still remember the 2010 Florida game when Florida's kicker glanced over to Mullen before the kick where Mullen was waiting to call a time out. At that moment Mullen knew to not call the timeout and the kicker missed.
That was a brilliant move by Mullen. He was standing right next to the official with his hands out like he was going to call timeout but never did. The kicker totally was expecting him to call timeout and I’m sure it affected his kick.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login