WHY .. don’t we have the students..

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Um maybe because for years since the last re-seating this board has been NON STOP bitchin every year "why aren't the students on the sidelines instead of rich corporate people that buy those seats and never show up" Damn, can't please everybody I guess
There are still students on one end. The student section wraps around behind one goal - so the OP is asking why wouldn't we make the opponent shoot toward them in the second half instead of shooting their free throws into the blue hairs who mostly don't even stand up during the game?

It's a legit question that I've had for years. It makes no sense to voluntarily give up one part of what is supposed to be home court "advantage".

Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Why not split the student section up behind both goals?
Honestly, I like them from sideline to goal (as long as it's the right goal). That way you get the constant noise right in the ear of the opposing players all game, plus the hopeful distraction behind the goal on late game free throws. That makes the most sense to me.

We sat in metal chairs along the sideline when I was in school, and the players could definitely hear what we were saying... and they didn't like it one bit. Stanley Roberts, the fat tub o lard LSU center, came over after some play and told one of our buddies he was going to kick his ***. Distraction = engaged

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I don’t like the bench being on the close side of tv. I like seeing our bench. Not some yuppies sitting courtside
I've been complaining about this all season. That was a terrible decision someone made. They should just move the TV cameras to the other side and show the court upside down all game.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
There are still students on one end. The student section wraps around behind one goal - so the OP is asking why wouldn't we make the opponent shoot toward them in the second half instead of shooting their free throws into the blue hairs who mostly don't even stand up during the game?

It's a legit question that I've had for years. It makes no sense to voluntarily give up one part of what is supposed to be home court "advantage".
So, we want students behind both goals and down the sides where the rich corporate people don't show up most of the time? Running out of seats quick with that configuration, plus, there's been a lot of bitchin last few weeks about students not even being there because they were away for holidays so nobody in those seats for about a month or so every year

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
So, we want students behind both goals and down the sides where the rich corporate people don't show up most of the time? Running out of seats quick with that configuration, plus, there's been a lot of bitchin last few weeks about students not even being there because they were away for holidays so nobody in those seats for about a month or so every year

Maybe Auburn and A&M don't let their students go home for Christmas, I don't know.

barners court.png creepy cult court.png ******** court.png

Seems like some of our nearest rivals have figured out how to put students behind both goals. Granted, these aren't really the blue blood basketball schools in the SEC, so maybe they only set it up this way to try to use what they have, enhance the experience, and get the students to more games to make their arenas louder and more intimidating...

But hey, maybe us blue blood** basketball schools with traditionally full arenas** may not need to think outside the box or do anything that crazy**

Reactions: bolddogge
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login