Why/how do road games seem to have less effect on this team?

Oak23

Nov 28, 2014
1. QB
2. This offense
3. Team maturity?
4. Leach
5. Still flying under the radar?

Whoever or whatever is responsible it is a huge advantage to go on the road in the SEC without worrying about the home crowd.

Also, i have rarely seen a State team, if ever, with the offensive ability/plan to enable a real come back in the 2nd half. Although I believe the desire was there with past teams to not quit when down 28-3, but it just wasn’t doable. However, This offensive game plan makes it very dangerous to opponent’s unlike anything I’ve ever seen at State. I’ve watched 40+ years.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
This made me laugh. Not making an analogy but for some reason it gave me a flash back to one of our baseball teams a few years ago that couldn't play well at home because our fans made them nervous.

maroonthruandthru

Aug 24, 2012
[FONT=&quot]Told my wife [/FONT][FONT=&quot]at halftime of the game, "in the old days with us down 28-3 (with 6:10 to go in the first half) I would have gone outside and done something to past the time but with our offense you still think we have a chance to come back and win." The rest is history.

What's even more amazing is during an 11 o'clock kickoff game the home team is the one that usually struggles early but yesterday Auburn couldn't have played a much better 25 minutes to start the game. Yet we overcame their start.

One of the main things I think is huge with this team is the coaching staff makes great adjustments as the game goes on and even more important thing is the players trust the staff and the adjustments they make. One problem some coaches have is admitting the game plan they put in isn't working, therefore they don't change anything. The good ones are able to swallow that pride and make the changes needed to give the team a chance to succeed. [/FONT]

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
It’s a sign that Mike Leach has them coached well and bought in. His halftime adjustment. “They can’t stop us if we do our job.” is miles better than a foaming at the mouth Dan Mullen screaming fit. I also love his comment about practice being the time to think and game is time to execute. That’s how good coaches think/act. Games measure progress. You make notes and go back to work in practice on whatever you didn’t do well in the last game.

bruiser.sixpack

Aug 13, 2009
I think that 75 yard TD drive in the first half was a huge lift. They talked about that at half you would think, and said stick with the plan that drive resulted from. The defense adjustments looked like they just started filling the gaps on the runs and closed the space they were giving the receivers. There last TD was against a more relaxed defense with a 15 pt lead.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login