Why is Hines still hitting cleanup?.....

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
18 games in and he hasn't cleaned anything up. Right now he is a liability hitting behind Jordan.

Jordan .415 7 2B, 9 HR 28 RBI .928 SLG
HInes .276 2 2B, 1 HR 26 RBI .362 SLG

It's not even close.

Hujsak should be hitting 3rd. Hines 5th or 6th until he gets things straightened out.

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
With Jordan ahead of Hines, he's going to get walked... A LOT until Hines' bat wakes up. I thought for sure after he got his first homer he would really wake up and starting hitting well.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
With Jordan ahead of Hines, he's going to get walked... A LOT until Hines' bat wakes up. I thought for sure after he got his first homer he would really wake up and starting hitting well.
That is what makes him a liability right now. It is taking the bat out of Jordan's hands. He has had at least 4 opportunities to make a team pay for walking DJ and has not come through once. I am sure he will come around but you've got to take the pressure off for the time being.

Reactions: WrightGuy821

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
season 7 episode 23 GIF

Beating The Dead Horse Link

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
People don’t understand that the way Jordan is going right now, he’s going to be walked or pitched carefully to regardless of who hits behind him.

I like moving Jordan to the 2 hole.

but hujsak isn’t going to offer any protection either.

with a guy like Jordan it’s about whose hitting infront of him, not behind him. You want people on base infront of him to make it more difficult for teams to pitch around him. Mershon is reaping the rewards of that. I’d actually considering hitting Hines infront of Jordan in some order

oh yeah

Aug 28, 2017
This is just a reminder that Shane Lewis was on the team and told he needed to find a different place to play. What a difference he would make on this team.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
People don’t understand that the way Jordan is going right now, he’s going to be walked or pitched carefully to regardless of who hits behind him.

with a guy like Jordan it’s about whose hitting infront of him, not behind him. You want people on base infront of him to make it more difficult for teams to pitch around him. Mershon is reaping the rewards of that. I’d actually considering hitting Hines infront of Jordan in some order
I'd be alright with Trying Mershon-Hines-Jordan

Reactions: WrightGuy821

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
No great solutions. But I’d move Mershon to leadoff and Larry to 3rd or vice versa. We don’t have anyone that’s really gonna force a team to pitch to Jordan right now though.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012

OK I disagree but forget about Jordan. Why is a guy with 1 HR and 2 doubles in 18 games hitting clean-up? Hitting Larry or Hujsak in clean up is still a better option right now. I think Hines needs to move down for no other reason but to relieve the pressure a bit and let him get it figured out.

Reactions: TaleofTwoDogs

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
OK I disagree but forget about Jordan. Why is a guy with 1 HR and 2 doubles in 18 games hitting clean-up? Hitting Larry or Hujsak in clean up is still a better option right now. I think Hines needs to move down for no other reason but to relieve the pressure a bit and let him get it figured out.
You want to move Larry behind Jordan then ok. But your robbing Peter to pay Paul.

end of the day we simply don’t have enough good hitters in the lineup. The only person capable of protecting Jordan is Hines. But as well as Jordan is hitting it wouldn’t matter.

agree hope it click with him sooner than later. Agree he’s not hitting well right now. But his numbers alone he’s still hitting better than 4 other starters in the lineup. (Lf, 3b, ss, and catcher) so can’t move him far

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I look at it like this

If Lemonis was a good recruiter, we’d have plenty of options to swap out for Hines

If Lemonis was a good coach, he’d make a good lineup decision in spite of seemingly limited options

If Lemonis was a good developer, we wouldn’t be having this conversation

Unfortunately, our head coach checks none of the above boxes, and we’re in year 3 of this

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login