Why is Kyle McCord in the transfer portal?

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
The word across Twitter is that the relationship between he and Ryan Day has deteriorated to an irrevocable point and he's probably going to be sitting on the bench next year if he stays. He can also very likely get a big NIL payday wherever goes just from having the Ohio State brand.

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Probably cause of 💰. Why does anyone do anything?

They probably value him less than he thinks he's worth (NIL wise).

His on3 NIL value is $750k, he probably thinks he worth a million +.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
to see if he can get a better deal $. If I was a good player that other teams would want, I would put my name in the Portal every year.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Imagine if all you had to do for a raise was just threaten to leave? It'll always work because there's always someone willing to pay.
I'd wager that even highly funded NILs aren't going to overpay. If they think he's worth $1mil, but he wants $2mil, they're probably going to say farewell.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I'd wager that even highly funded NILs aren't going to overpay. If they think he's worth $1mil, but he wants $2mil, they're probably going to say farewell.
That's not the trend I'm seeing. All these dudes are overpaid. I do think the newness is wearing off though, people are about to get sick of this shlt.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
Good Times Money GIF

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
There was another guy who could not make the field at Ohio State and went into the portal several years ago. You all remember him?

Dogdazey

Nov 16, 2012
College football is turning into the MLB minor leagues except the fans are highly invested as of now. Inflation is running the prices up but sooner or later, the inflation will subside and reality will hit.

Instead of my alma mater paying a qb a million dollars of my money, I'd like for that money to go to my grandkids college fund , etc.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
College football is turning into the MLB minor leagues except the fans are highly invested as of now. Inflation is running the prices up but sooner or later, the inflation will subside and reality will hit.

Instead of my alma mater paying a qb a million dollars of my money, I'd like for that money to go to my grandkids college fund , etc.
That’s the thing though. Your Alma Mater isn’t paying the million dollars. The fans are. The fans that hate this NIL are setting the price. If tomorrow everyone said I am not paying a dime to NIL. Nobody gets paid.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
As crazy as it is, I think he was told to look as Day and Ohio State are under immense pressure. My guess is they are about to spend beyond top dollar on a top QB in hopes of beating Michigan next season. But yeah, I don't get it at all so I could be way off base.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
That’s the thing though. Your Alma Mater isn’t paying the million dollars. The fans are. The fans that hate this NIL are setting the price. If tomorrow everyone said I am not paying a dime to NIL. Nobody gets paid.
That's what he meant. "my alma mater paying a qb a million dollars of my money". Of course, in our case, it's the BI rather than the alma mater.

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
The bubble will pop just like the housing marking in 2008

wait till the fed stops raising & does nothing or begins decreasing rates (which is a potential here soon) - that will signal a slowdown incoming

I believe there has only been 2 or 3 times in our history where that has not been the case

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login