Why Jamont should stay

BriantheDawg

May 24, 2006
What I've read so far about Dee Bost is that we're getting a true point guard out of him. If he's as good as advertised (I know it's a big if), but if he is and can run the point next year, Jamoney will finally get the opportunity to play his 'true' position. Then he may have a better shot at improving his draft stock.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
BriantheDawg said:
What I've read so far about Dee Bost is that we're getting a true point guard out of him. If he's as good as advertised (I know it's a big if), but if he is and can run the point next year, Jamoney will finally get the opportunity to play his 'true' position. Then he may have a better shot at improving his draft stock.

</p> Power Forward ??

KurtRambis4

Aug 30, 2006
but as i've stated many times, i just think there is no way that j$ comes back. now don't take that as me thinking that he's going to be a lottery pick, or even 2nd rounder...but when has that ever stopped anyone. plus, he's at least going to be playing in europe which isn't chump change. face it, he's donezo.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
BriantheDawg said:

</p>Sure, he's being recruited as a PG, I'll give everyone that. But, is he really a true PG?? From what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong, this is from memory - could have been two seasons ago) this year was his first year to play PG.

Anyhow, check this ] and note the areas for improvement. I'm going in with the expectation that this guy has tons of upside, but as far as taking over as PG next year, I think we are getting way ahead of ourselves.

BriantheDawg

May 24, 2006
(except Monta Ellis - he could've led us to the Final 4 had he come) that signs with State until they prove it to me once they get here. Bost was the point guard that just led Hargrave to the Prep Championship and was named MVP for the tournament or something - I can't remember and don't feel like looking it up - Anyways, I am just somewhat excited to have recruited a supposed true point guard to come and lead our team. I'm hoping he's gonna be good.

captaindawg

Feb 23, 2008
its seems as though Bost is just a winner and does whatever it takes to win. Further, he has put up some pretty impressive numbers against some top competition. I think he'll be a combo guard at MSU but play mostly at the 1.

drummer8806

Mar 24, 2008
Fishwater, I keep seeing where you say that nobody has Jamont being drafted at all this year. Here's an article from one that states many good things as well as some negative things about Jamoney.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jamont-Gordon-290/

It has him as a mid-second round draft choice (44 overall) which is what most of us on here think he would be if he were to declare. Here is the summary paragraph about Mr. Gordon:

"Gordon's success at the next level will largely hinge on how open he is to changing his game to suit his future role over the next few years. His shot will probably have to be taken apart and reconstructed if he's going to be considered an adequate threat to hit NBA 3-pointers, something that is extremely difficult to do unless the player is fully committed to the fact that it needs to be done. He'll also have to be much more willing to defer to his teammates than he currently shows, especially in late-game situations where he often goes wild and seems to take everything as a personal challenge, rather than as a team effort. His scoring tools and the aggressiveness he brings on both ends of the floor makes him an ideal candidate for a sparkplug role off the bench in the NBA, in the mold of a Flip Murray, Keyon Dooling or Rodney Stuckey, and if he shows the right mentality, he could stick in the NBA for a long time. "

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login