Why was Liberty Bowl not canceled?

StateJCP

Jul 7, 2021
If all these bowls are getting canceled due to Covid and we had players out due to Covid then why was the game not canceled? Seems like we could have spread it everywhere by playing

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
None of them should have been cancelled in the first place from a glorified cold. I'm glad our guys played but our team has taken on a huge loser mentality. Much like the rest of the country.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Let's not get this twisted. NOTHING about our performance tonight would be considered entertainment.

Agree. Our football team got completely dominated and destroyed last night.

To those of you that watch sports for "entertainment" purposes, did that game entertain you?

Additionally, in my opinion, sports is not entertainment.

I've played lots of sports games in my lifetime, but I've never played in a game to "entertain" people that are watching the game. I played to compete against the other team and win.

If a person wants to be entertained, then he/she should watch a movie or a TV show, not a ballgame. (my opinion)

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
That's what I did last night....watched a movie as i'm going to do going forward.

D4L

Aug 2, 2021
Risk of what? Covid gets the level of concern I give the flu, measles, west nile virus, walking *****.... I couldn't care less and it consumes about 0% of my day. I would suggest you do the same and move on.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Poundtowndog;[URL="tel:2004178" said:
2004178[/URL]]Yeah god forbid these kids put themselves at risk to entertain you.

They are at higher risk of bodily injury than whatever it is you’re talking about.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009

To those of you that watch sports for "entertainment" purposes, did that game entertain you?

I've played lots of sports games in my lifetime, but I've never played in a game to "entertain" people that are watching the game. I played to compete against the other team and win.

If a person wants to be entertained, then he/she should watch a movie or a TV show, not a ballgame. (my opinion)

Nothing about Mississippi State Football is ever entertaining to me. Even when we win. I'm too emotionally attached and it's physically draining to be honest. I love when we win and I'm proud of our guys and all, but I wouldn't necessarily consider it "entertainment". The Circus is entertaining. Brandon Walker is entertaining. Yellowstone is entertaining.

Miketice

Sep 2, 2013

LOL this is weird man

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login