Will Hall out at USM

Anon1717806835

Jun 7, 2024
Is it? You can win the Sun Belt there.
The past 3 Sun Belt champions have been Troy, Troy, and Louisiana Lafayette. I don't see that big of a gulf between the Buzzards and those schools. They would be wise to go hire Hudspeth and put a padlock on the man's trousers.

ETA - I forgot we have to play them at the Rock to open the 2025 season.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
They haven’t won a conference, either CUSA or Sun Belt in nearly a decade and a half. They haven’t come close since they moved to the Sun Belt.

USM in a previous life could compete in their conference but they aren’t the same as they were in the 80s. Once Fedora left for greener pastures they were left for dead.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The past 3 Sun Belt champions have been Troy, Troy, and Louisiana Lafayette. I don't see that big of a gulf between the Buzzards and those schools. They would be wise to go hire Hudspeth and put a padlock on the man's trousers.

Damn good idea. He knows the southern AL area.

But Hall knew Louisiana too. Who knows.

patdog

May 28, 2007

Hudspeth would be a disaster. They’d do better to re-hire Hopson.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Maybe, but this century just seems like one big slide for USM to me. They used to mix it up with Tulane & Memphis, and it wasn’t shocking to see them beat the occasional SEC team for a recruit.

Now, not only have all those schools separated themselves from USM, but they also got South Alabama added to their recruiting footprint.

They just seem stuck to me.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Jeff Monken makes 2 mil a year. Would he leave army and go to USM? He’s always been at or near the top of my preferred list for us for a long time.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login