Will "Jolly" Rogers tweets

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012

Losers cry and bìtch online while in real life winners win

Sooooooooooo we shouldn’t post anything on message boards? I’m trying to parse what you’re posting on this message board about what we all post on this message board, man with 5,700 posts on this message board.

Obama Reaction GIF

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Sooooooooooo we shouldn’t post anything on message boards? I’m trying to parse what you’re posting on this message board about what we all post on this message board, man with 5,700 posts on this message board.

Obama Reaction GIF
Basically don't be a bìtch unless you just really want to be one. And just realize the young men you may criticize and dismiss as complete failures really make the poster look bad, not the athlete.

Will said this several years ago. If that's the kind of fan you are, we (the team) don't want you. Go find another team.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Basically don't be a bìtch unless you just really want to be one. And just realize the young men you may criticize and dismiss as complete failures really make the poster look bad, not the athlete.

Will said this several years ago. If that's the kind of fan you are, we (the team) don't want you. Go find another team.
Well... all due respect to Will Rogers... I don't give a damn what Will Rogers says about who gets to be a fan of Mississippi State. I was born in Starkville at OCH and I've been a fan of Mississippi State since day one, long before Will Rogers' daddy ever thought about making Will Rogers with his mama.

So spare me that "man in the arena" bullshiт.

This board was founded in part on the idea that not every post has to be a sunshine pumping post and that no players, coaches, personnel, university decisions, athletic department decisions, nor individual programs are above criticism.

Will can post "winners win", but the fact is, this team won most of the games they won this year despite the play of their QB. I wish I was wrong on some of these criticisms and nobody is happier when Will does well than I am, but this is a sports message board and some of you guys need to get out of your feelings about fair criticism of Will.

Last edited:

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022

I want a better QB. One that would have won this game by 4 tds, and to be frank, one that actually would have won more games to put us in a better bowl.

I call a spade a spade. Are you going to sit there and tell me, that you don't notice that defenses only have to guard 15 yards down field against us? Are you going to sit there and tell me, when you watch almost any other offensive team in a bowl game this year you didn't see a noted difference between their QB play and ours?

Will is a great kid, but he scares me more than Chris Relf when he has to move just a foot or two out of the pocket. When he is in the pocket, he cannot hit someone over 20 yards down field. Those are facts. Can we not discuss the importance of finding someone that makes good decisions, can get the ball out quickly and effectively, and have a little bit of playmaking ability to help out our receivers. I am tired of defenses playing drop 8, but only having to cover 15-20 yards down field. Every game I have watched, teams have open receivers running simple routes and being open 25 yards down field and they have a QB that can put it there on a rope. Why can't we want this?

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I want a better QB. One that would have won this game by 4 tds, and to be frank, one that actually would have won more games to put us in a better bowl.

I call a spade a spade. Are you going to sit there and tell me, that you don't notice that defenses only have to guard 15 yards down field against us? Are you going to sit there and tell me, when you watch almost any other offensive team in a bowl game this year you didn't see a noted difference between their QB play and ours?

Will is a great kid, but he scares me more than Chris Relf when he has to move just a foot or two out of the pocket. When he is in the pocket, he cannot hit someone over 20 yards down field. Those are facts. Can we not discuss the importance of finding someone that makes good decisions, can get the ball out quickly and effectively, and have a little bit of playmaking ability to help out our receivers. I am tired of defenses playing drop 8, but only having to cover 15-20 yards down field. Every game I have watched, teams have open receivers running simple routes and being open 25 yards down field and they have a QB that can put it there on a rope. Why can't we want this?

It's really amazing how ignorant many of you are.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008

So this terrible Illinois football team took #2 Michigan to the wire and the only bad loss was Purdue.

What was their defensive stats for the year? I'm guessing they were at the bottom of the barrel worst in the NCAA

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
So this terrible Illinois football team took #2 Michigan to the wire and the only bad loss was Purdue.

What was their defensive stats for the year? I'm guessing they were at the bottom of the barrel worst in the NCAA

A bad loss is a loss to a team that played in the Big 10 championship game?

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Some of y’all are acting like Illinois was chopped liver. They had the #3 total defense in the entire country. Lost to Michigan on the road by two on a last second field goal. Anybody with a brain knew this would be a tough, probably low scoring game. Nobody with any semblance of any sense thought we would win this game by four touchdowns. That’s just ridiculous. Some of y’all are just living in fantasy land.

PirateBay

Jan 9, 2020

To state the obvious, Josh Allen isn’t on this team. So, in my estimation, it sounds like you have a few options:

1) Learn to play QB and show off that arm strength.
2) Donate enough money for us to get a QB on campus who lives up to your standards.
3) Just continue to never be satisfied and lament to anyone who will listen on 6 pack.

There is a link to the BI at the top of the page.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I still don’t understand the hate towards Will. Does he have limitations, sure. Is he bad, no. Would I like to have a better QB, sure. Are they readily available? No.
Some of y’all forget what a bad qb looks like. And I swear your goal is to make perfection the downfall fall of pretty good. “If he can’t run like Fitz and throw like…well…er…better than any QB we’ve ever had, we deserve better than that pile of garbage!”

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login