Will Lebby keep our current DC? If not what route will he go? Who will his SC coach he?

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Sure he can run a jet sweep and a bubble screen, but the key to all of this is…can he manage an entire team?…who will his defense coordinator be?…who will his strength and conditioning coach be?

Reactions: Bullldawg78

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Brock actually did pretty good in the two games where he had it all to himself. To hold a very good Ole Miss team to they score, especially when he had no offense help, I thought was not worthy. Just asking vs who and what Lebby does overall defensively.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Sure he can run a jet sweep and a bubble screen, but the key to all of this is…can he manage an entire team?…who will his defense coordinator be?…who will his strength and conditioning coach be?
No one knows. Not one persons knows those answers right now including Lebby.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I think there’s real traction with Durkin. Pretty sure Lebby is bringing two or three with him from OU. I expect our coaches with MS ties to get a look.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I can’t think of any reason why the DC would be retained. I’d be good with keeping turner, Knox, Hughes… get rid of the rest. I know most of you guys will want to keep bumphis and honestly I’m indifferent. The whole offense was such a **** show kind of just taints the whole staff. I know Hughes was on the offensive side but he’s coached defense before and I value his proven knowledge of recruiting

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I'm sure offensively Lebby knows exactly what he needs to make his offense click. And like someone else stated he probly has already talked to a couple of DC candidates that he would like to work with. If he needs an additional suggestion Geoff Collins was pretty good when he was here before

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Hughes has been just drawing a check and besides like someone said before, we don’t need a bagman anymore.
Amen!

On T&L they were talking about keeping coaches that had recruiting ties in Mississippi and knew their way around to help out Lebby. Hell, Lebby was coaching and recruiting in Mississippi for two years just a couple of years ago and already had an OU commit from Mississippi this year. Why are most people against a complete purge? Are we going to lose a low 3-star from the delta to Arky State or something if we don't keep somebody?

Last edited:
Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I'm agreeing as always that you hire the head coach that you want and he brings in who ever he wants. It's his a$$ on the line. He doing the cooking. Let him buy the groceries. If you make him keep people its a built in excuse why it didn't work

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Maybe we should reach out to Nicky Fitz and see if he wants to be QB coach******. Leave all this up to Levi

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I'm agreeing as always that you hire the head coach that you want and he brings in who ever he wants. It's his a$$ on the line. He doing the cooking. Let him buy the groceries. If you make him keep people its a built in excuse why it didn't work
He might want to keep Peterson around if he ever wants to blow up the program in ninety days and get out of his contract. he’s skilled like that.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login