Will Lemonis even make it TO SEC play?

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Sad part is the pitching definitely seems improved yet we are still losing to bad teams.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
When State hired him, I went to Indiana's message board to see what they had to say. I remember them saying he got them to the NCAA tournament with the previous coaches' players he would not be able to recruit and developed his players. They were not sad to see him go. That has stuck with me. I was worried but that went away when he won the NC but since then i understand what they were saying. His *** needs to be fire ASAP. Selmon better open his eyes to the fact that Baseball is really important to Miss State fans. This is not OU. This is a horrible feeling.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
If you go get a sure fire shutdown closer in the portal, you win game 2 against air force. Lemon didn't do that. We have no one that can get you 3 outs and shut the door in the 9th. That should have been plan 1b along with 1a being a sure fire Friday night ace. Lemon instead focused on filling holes in the field. I guess he felt we could outscore everybody and a pitching coach would fix all troubles. That ain't happening.

He will probably stay on the bucket all year, but at the end of it, he has to go. Even Polk II wasn't this bad of a stretch.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
I think it'll be mid-SEC play when a decision is made. My guess is we let him start SEC play and things continue as they are now to further the embarrassment then we pull the trigger to start the search before the season ends. Hopefully, we don't announce a hire until deep in the postseason as we wait for that guy's team to finish an outstanding season.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
THIS. Easiest decision he would ever have to make and he froze and did nothing. I was never a Cohen fan, but we definitely downgraded at AD.
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

If you think State downgraded at AD I want to be on whatever drugs you’re taking.

STATEgrad04

Mar 3, 2008
I'm not sure I understand the ZS hate on this. He was a brand new AD at the time and his first decision as AD was to either fire or keep our only NC winning coach. One year is a fluke, Two is trend, and Three is a pattern. Yes, I wanted Lemonis fired last year, but I also completely understand how that is not the first move for ZS to make. Now if he doesnt make that call this year and it continues to go the way it looks right now, then I will jump on board with this assessment, but he did make the call for football and had an aggressive search, and I honestly like who he went and got.
I think ZS is an aggressive young AD that will make a good decision when that time comes, and I do believe he will be willing to spend to get a name guy in here. And unlike the previous AD I dont believe he will swing and miss on SEVERAL names before landing a guy.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
THIS. Easiest decision he would ever have to make and he froze and did nothing. I was never a Cohen fan, but we definitely downgraded at AD.
Dumb take. Cohen as AD was terrible. And who can blame Selmon one bit. A first time AD at an SEc program has a lot to learn before he even pays attention to intramural sports

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
He will absolutely make it to SEC play. He will get a majority of this season to prove whether he can get the job done. I can’t see him getting fired mid-season until the point at which it’s clear we are totally out of contention for an at large NCAA tournament bid. I could see the trigger being pulled at that point but not before.

it certainly doesn’t look good. But we’ve had two 1 run losses. If the offense can figure it out, we certainly could end up in a regional.

Reactions: rockydawg1013

patdog

May 28, 2007
Dumb take. Cohen as AD was terrible. And who can blame Selmon one bit. A first time AD at an SEc program has a lot to learn before he even pays attention to intramural sports
Cohen was a terrible AD. But a “first time AD” who “has a lot to learn” has no business being an SEC AD.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
I'm still optimistic (somewhat). It's not like we haven't struggled early season before and ended up as a good team by the end of the year (see 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021).

This team's issue right now is hitting. If the bats heat up we'll be a pretty good team because so far the pitching has been fine. It's not like we got run-ruled in either loss.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
One year late. Greenhorn AD with zero baseball culture awareness.
OU played in the national championship series 7 months before he was hired, so he success in baseball isn’t something that’s foreign to him. Now whether he was aware of how important baseball is to the MSU fan base when he got here I don’t know, but with season of misery under his belt I am sure he understands now.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

GrassDrills

Oct 2, 2023
Greg Byrne was a first time AD. Was he a bad hire?
He screwed up the Hump seating. Credited with helping kill atmosphere at the Hump. His protege also a first timer finished the job.
However those two at least had a background in administration and were on the track to be an AD. The baseball coach is by far the worst AD in the modern era.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login