Will Rogers cb'ed to Washington

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Wow.....they really don't understand what they are getting.

I do think, though, we're going to find out that the PAC-12 was pretenders. I think Texas is going to punch them in the mouth.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Michael Penix to Will Rogers. Cant wait to watch that fan meltdown after a couple of games.

Edited to add: their meltdown won't come until October. They don't play a real opponent until October 5th. Michigan.
Their non-PAC part of the Big 10 is pretty pedestrian. They get Rutgers, Northwestern, Michigan, Penn State, Iowa and Indiana.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
His NIL value is $446k. I hope he gets it. He played hard for us in some bad situations, even got booed by the student section this year. He never publicly complained that i know of.

One thing to note is that Washington is moving to the Big 10, not more PAC 12 defenses to feast on.

patdog

May 28, 2007
That would be very surprising. Remember though, these guys are just speculating and very likely don't know any more than we do where he's going. I'm sticking with Western Kentucky.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Michael Penix to Will Rogers. Cant wait to watch that fan meltdown after a couple of games.

Edited to add: their meltdown won't come until October. They don't play a real opponent until October 5th. Michigan.
Their non-PAC part of the Big 10 is pretty pedestrian. They get Rutgers, Northwestern, Michigan, Penn State, Iowa and Indiana.
So what you are saying is outside of Michigan and OSU the Big10 is pedestrian. Couldn’t agree more.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
To be fair, it's 100%, but there's currently only 1 prediction and it's one of their national guys, not a writer from either school.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

Probably better DLs than they faced in the PAC-12.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
So what you are saying is outside of Michigan and OSU the Big10 is pedestrian. Couldn’t agree more.
It's average. Nothing better than the SEC.

But their schedule for next season is weird. Washington plays all those teams I listed above, plus USC, UCLA, and Oregon. In contrast, Ohio State only plays one PAC newcomer, Oregon. Michigan has to play SC, Washington, and Oregon. Looks like their conference schedule makers did everything in their power to hand the title to Ohio State by default.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
His NIL value is $446k. I hope he gets it. He played hard for us in some bad situations, even got booed by the student section this year. He never publicly complained that i know of.

One thing to note is that Washington is moving to the Big 10, not more PAC 12 defenses to feast on.
True, but if Washington can score even 2 touchdowns, there is pretty much an 80% chance they will beat Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, Michigan State, Indiana, Rutgers, Northwestern, and Wisconsin.
All 8 of those teams averaged fewer than 23ppg.
Michigan State, Iowa, Nebraska, and Minnesota averaged 20ppg or less.

Just atrocious offense.
Mississippi State managed 21.8ppg, for context.

Reactions: ZombieKissinger

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
how many yard rushing did the Washington QB have this season....

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
What? You have 3 of the top 5 defenses in the nation in that list. Each winning 13, 10 and 10 games.

Reactions: patdog

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Different situation, clown. DJ is actually a good player.
He finished his time in Starkville with 12,315 career passing yards, which ranks second-most in SEC history, and 94 career passing touchdowns, good for fourth-most.
...Rogers threw for a combined 8,713 yards and 71 touchdowns during Leach’s final two seasons as Mississippi State’s head coach. In 2021, he ranked second among Power Five quarterbacks with 4,739 passing yards, behind only Alabama Heisman Trophy winner Bryce Young. Rogers then racked up 3,974 yards and 36 touchdowns last year while leading the Bulldogs to a 9-4 record.

Its fair to analyze his strengths and weaknesses. Its absurd to claim he isnt a good player. I do love that you called someone a clown and then claimed Rogers isnt a good player.
He is objectively at least a 'good player'. Someone can try to excuse away why Rogers got all those yards, but in the end the guy had 71 touchdowns without 17 interceptions while completing 71.1% of his passes in '21 and '22.
Those are NFL Blitz level numbers!

Reactions: HuskyBDawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Its fair to analyze his strengths and weaknesses. Its absurd to claim he isnt a good player. I do love that you called someone a clown and then claimed Rogers isnt a good player.
He is objectively at least a 'good player'. Someone can try to excuse away why Rogers got all those yards, but in the end the guy had 71 touchdowns without 17 interceptions while completing 71.1% of his passes in '21 and '22.
Those are NFL Blitz level numbers!
Good Lord, son. Tell me you didn't watch a game, without telling me you didn't watch a game.

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023

He will get much more. State of the market; not a comment on his potential.

There is a significant divergence among State fans and coaches at other schools when it comes to Will’s ability. Time will tell, but if he has a good line, he should be better than serviceable. And he’s not going G5.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Nobody sh!ts on their own players like State fans. It’s amazing. Four years of saying Rogers is a G5 quarterback and he might transfer to CFP team Washington. But I’m sure the Washington coaches don’t know nearly as much as random Sixpack posters.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Good Lord, son. Tell me you didn't watch a game, without telling me you didn't watch a game.
I watched the games. We went 16 and 10 over those two seasons, played in 2 bowl games, went .500 in conference play, etc.

As usual, you went over the top and to an extreme level by saying he isnt even a 'good' player. He may not be transcendent, he may not be 1st team All SEC, but he is definitely 'good',

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
What? You have 3 of the top 5 defenses in the nation in that list. Each winning 13, 10 and 10 games.
Yes, but see glfr's post above yours. Defense or not, that is still a pretty weak crop of B10 opponents outside of PSU, and Michigan.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Nobody sh!ts on their own players like State fans. It’s amazing. Four years of saying Rogers is a G5 quarterback and he might transfer to CFP team Washington. But I’m sure the Washington coaches don’t know nearly as much as random Sixpack posters.
Good on the Washington coaches if they want to take that on. But Penix to Rogers is like going from Speedy Gonzales to Slow Poke Rodriguez.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Good on the Washington coaches if they want to take that on. But Penix to Rogers is like going from Speedy Gonzales to Slow Poke Rodriguez.
Michael Penix has -18 rushing yards on the season. He is a pocket passer, not a duel threat. For comparison, Will Rogers had -13 rushing yards on the season, although that was in eight games.

Reactions: Dawgg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You don't think Will Rogers is a good player?

I don't think he's a great quarterback and I've been pretty critical of him over the years, but I think he's a good quarterback, especially in the right system/situation.
Ummm....OK.

You're talking about insignificant details. Rogers was serviceable at best in the Air Raid, like many Mike Leach guys. Bottom line. Any other offense, his physical tools are exposed. Just the truth.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Ummm....OK.

You're talking about insignificant details. Rogers was serviceable at best in the Air Raid, like many Mike Leach guys. Bottom line. Any other offense, his physical tools are exposed. Just the truth.
Then why does #2 ranked undefeated Washington want him? Perhaps the coaches know more than you? They’re not going to pay NIL money to a quarterback who isn’t any good.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Then why does #2 ranked undefeated Washington want him? Perhaps the coaches know more than you? They’re not going to pay NIL money to a quarterback who isn’t any good.
Coaches aren't paying anything, the boosters are. And I have no clue why they want him, only thing I can come up with is that he's a backup option for a younger player they think might be good enough to start.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
It’s unreal man… the thread discussing tulu to the NFL was the same thing. From reading that thread, you’d think he was garbage. Will can likely be a serviceable replacement for penix

Reactions: FlotownDawg

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
It’s unreal man… the thread discussing tulu to the NFL was the same thing. From reading that thread, you’d think he was garbage. Will can likely be a serviceable replacement for penix
I mean if they want a QB with no escapability, can't see WR breaking open, and has no hum on a 10 yard out route, then more power to them.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Ummm....OK.

Insignificant details? You are saying a guy that had 71 touchdowns to 17 interceptions and completed 71% of his passes over 2 seasons is not good. Others are saying that while he may not be incredible or great, he is definitely 'good'.
If that isnt 'good', then wt17 is 'good'?

That isnt insignificant details, its your entire argument/point about why Washington would want DJ.

As for your claim that in any other offense, Rogers' physical tools would be exposed...why the 17 are you saying that as if its some good point? There are dual threat QBs and traditional pocket QBs. There are deep threat receivers and possession receivers.
Wow, breaking info- offenses vary and the personnel that can effectively execute those offenses vary based on physical traits and mental traits. Groundbreaking news.***

For your next trick, you will reveal that Ben Roethlisberger wouldnt have flourished in an offense that required him to be a dual threat QB.

Reactions: Dawgg

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
One thing to remember, an on3 writer came up with this. He/she was likely just trying to fill content and throwing stuff agains the wall. Doesn't necessarily mean that Washington has serious interest in him or he has serious interest in them.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
1. We don’t know how much they do want him or if they want him to start or as backup.
2. maybe they looked at another mediocre SEC QB that became a Heisman candidate in the PAC-12 and figured why not take a chance.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login