Will Rogers portal thoughts.

patdog

May 28, 2007
The more I think about it, the less sense it makes for him to transfer. Where’s he going to go? Washington St? They return the #5 QB in the pac-12, so it’s not guaranteed he’d start or get all the snaps even if he does. They only threw the ball 8 more times per game than App St, and they didn’t protect the QB well at all (46 sacks). Yes, it’s a new offense, but it’s not like he’s going to be asked to run much, so he should be able to adjust to it pretty well. What am I missing here?

AFDawg

Apr 28, 2010
It seems like the only place he was ever going is duck hunting. He probably got offers. But it doesn't look like he was pursuing them.

It only makes sense for him to transfer if he thinks he isn't starting next year. And so far he has no competitors for the job.

Reactions: patdog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Correct. Bottom line is, he's an idiot if he did transfer. Especially with the OL he has coming back. TOTAL idiot. He gets experience with a new system, a system that is not 'anti' what he does, at all. It's actually good for him. He's got 3 years of starting experience, and rapport with the team.

If he leaves, he's a moron. But he won't, because I don't think he is in fact a moron. I would imagine he'll be a big part of Tulu returning (if he does).

The same goes for Tulu, honestly. Just an idiotic move to leave at this point. I won't root against either one of them for being idiots, though. I WILL root against them for being jackasses, if they do like RaRa did. It's really simple.

Yubey

Sep 29, 2022
Any chance that the new powers that be encouraged him to look elsewhere?

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
The more I think about it, the less sense it makes for him to transfer. Where’s he going to go? Washington St? They return the #5 QB in the pac-12, so it’s not guaranteed he’d start or get all the snaps even if he does. They only threw the ball 8 more times per game than App St, and they didn’t protect the QB well at all (46 sacks). Yes, it’s a new offense, but it’s not like he’s going to be asked to run much, so he should be able to adjust to it pretty well. What am I missing here?

The staff is working to keep it together. Hopefully they do. I feel pretty confident about Rogers staying and Tulu staying.

I also think it's showing we will not be run heavy and more of a 55% to 60% passing team

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The staff is working to keep it together. Hopefully they do. I feel pretty confident about Rogers staying and Tulu staying.

I also think it's showing we will not be run heavy and more of a 55% to 60% passing team
I hope Tulu is a part of that run heaviness. Been saying that for years. We were giving the ball to DJ over and over and while he ran hard, he certainly seemed to run into walls. When they were in zone I always felt like Tulu could have gashed defenses.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I hope Tulu is a part of that run heaviness. Been saying that for years. We were giving the ball to DJ over and over and while he ran hard, he certainly seemed to run into walls. When they were in zone I always felt like Tulu could have gashed defenses.
Yes sir. We need so help by design.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
He could definitely find somewhere to go in G5. Tulsa or Western Kentucky come to mind. That only makes sense if he felt like his status as a starter is seriously threatened.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
He could definitely find somewhere to go in G5. Tulsa or Western Kentucky come to mind. That only makes sense if he felt like his status as a starter is seriously threatened.
The idiots on ED are saying he got an offer significantly more than $100k from Auburn. A QB who isn't good at moving in the pocket, running or throwing deep for Freeze's offense?

Reactions: Mjoelner

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Gashed them just like Brandon Holloway!😉

Well, no idea if he'd hold up running it much vs SEC defenses, but he's significantly more elusive than Brandon Holloway.

Holloway was very fast, and really small, but not elusive.

But your point is taken.

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
I was told Will Rogers went on an unofficial visit to Delta State over the weekend, and we have been in contact with them about potential tampering**

In all seriousness, I don’t buy the tampering spin by some of our mods. Rogers wasn’t happy with the new OC. His handlers probably put out feelers to a few schools including Washington State and Auburn. Freeze isn’t scheming to get Will Rogers. This late in the game and with his limited skill set, his best option was to tweet Hailstate and to enjoy his three-day weekend duck hunting.

Reactions: patdog

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
The idiots on ED are saying he got an offer significantly more than $100k from Auburn. A QB who isn't good at moving in the pocket, running or throwing deep for Freeze's offense?
I saw that too and its one of the funniest things I've ever seen on a message board. Your second sentence pretty much sums up why I didn't believe it for a second.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login