Will the third time be the charm for Mark Keenum

diehard4dawgs

May 23, 2006
<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Dr. Keenum would be great, and I hope he gets it.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> That said, I really don't care as long as it is a MSU person.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span> There are plenty of qualified people out there who are MSU people, and we don't need some guy with a mustache from Southern Illinois coming down here with no appreciation of where MSU has been and where it is going.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span></span></p>

Jul 8, 2007
Zacharias was not an MSU person, but he was a good president for us. Fogelsong was not an MSU person, but he got this ship headed in the right direction. I hope the rumors aren't true.

Jobu1972

Nov 16, 2005
Seriously- would he continue to drag us kicking and screaming into the 21st century, or would he be a 'faculty' president like Dr. Hayseed? We don't need two steps forward and three steps back, but it seems that the whiners will be placated.

Oct 14, 2007
He's well qualified and one of our own. He's who many of us wanted the last time. Instead, the State College Board 17'd us and gave us Doc. Granted, Doc has done some good things, but he's just been too divisive. I would hope we finally get what we deserve - one of our own that is qualified, namely Mark Keenum. Assuming he wants the job.

patdog

May 28, 2007
diehard4dawgs said:
<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">I really don't care as long as it is a MSU person. There are plenty of qualified people out there who are MSU people, and we don't need some guy with a mustache from Southern Illinois coming down here with no appreciation of where MSU has been and where it is going. </span></p>
I strongly disagree that the next president necessarily needs to be someone with ties to MSU. Sometimes it makes sense to hire from within. But ONLY when a nationwide job search has been done and the best candidate is someone with MSU ties. If you start making all of your hires from within, you wind up with an in-bred organization. And in-breeding in organizations is a lot like in-breeding in people. You wind up with a lot of defects.

croomandwhite

Aug 30, 2006
I interned for the USDA this summer under one of the divisions that Dr. Keenum oversaw. While I only got to meet him two times, I can tell you that he would be an excellent choice. Not only did he take the time out to be curtious and sincere with me (a college student) but he commands the utmost respect from everyone working with him in the USDA and all they do is praise his intellect and wisdom. Also Senator Cochran showered him with tons of praise when I got the chance to meet him saying that he would have been an excellent hire for MSU

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login