Will's Hitting the Portal

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Totally understand if he wants to play another year, but dude is not going to make it in the NFL. I guess you have to try, but I think I’d be thanking my lucky stars that I never got hurt badly, and would start my coaching career.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
If it's lebby. I still expect to throw it a lot but lebby will want a true dual threat guy

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I hope he already has a landing spot after this season, or he might be sitting on the bench with his brother.****

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
This makes me very sad. He loved State and gave everything he had
Doesn’t make me sad. He has spent four years doing pretty well playing at a level where the game is just going to be hard for him. He had some times where he was able to be more or less perfect (2nd half of auburn game) and any physical limitations didn’t matter, and some where he made a game of it but physical limitations and lack of high end wr talent made it frustrating.

I’m sure it’s somewhat bitter sweet for him, but still seems like him going to light it up at an air raid G5 school is going to be a fun experience that he’s earned compared to the alternative of sticking around for an offense that doesn’t cater to his strengths.

Last edited:

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
This makes me very sad. He loved State and gave everything he had
Did he actually say that he “loved” MSU? I didn’t see that. I saw that it was an “honor playing” at MSU and that he “loved” Mississippi, but no “love MSU”. Maybe it’s understood and I’m reading too little/much into it it. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: BulldawgFan

MarkDallas

Aug 27, 2014
If he has to change coaches again, he should get to get to choose his system for his Sr year. Dude will throw for a million yards at a mid major type school.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Will definitely won’t play in the sec unless he wants to be a backup and hold a clipboard.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Totally understand if he wants to play another year, but dude is not going to make it in the NFL. I guess you have to try, but I think I’d be thanking my lucky stars that I never got hurt badly, and would start my coaching career.
I mean going somewhere else and getting a free masters degree and making more contacts while doing something he loves competitively seems like a win win win to me.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I don’t know that I’ve ever seen someone be so successful, and so despised at the same time. I don’t think he ever claimed or anyone claimed he was the next Aaron Rodgers.
The number of people that actually blame will or are mad at will for his performance is minuscule. message boards are just where those people feel free to voice their opinions. There are probably a thousand times as many Mississippi state fans that think will is going to play in the nfl than actually are mad or blame him for his performance.

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
Will’s not going to play in the NFL. I hope I’m wrong. A man like him has dreamed of nothing less, and as a man that has had to forego his dreams, I hope he gets to taste them. However, I’ve always been of the opinion that Will is a collegiate QB that will make an excellent CPA one day…or OC, or HC. The idiots mad at will and/or leach are people that’re never pleased. They’ll suck the phallus of whoever is hired and or starting QB initially, but will turn on a gnat’s *** the moment something they disagree with happens. Ironically, that disagreement will be based not on fact or circumstance, but on ignorant opinion of their experience of not coaching collegiate football or operating as a collegiate QB. 17 them.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
The number of people that actually blame will or are mad at will for his performance is minuscule. message boards are just where those people feel free to voice their opinions. There are probably a thousand times as many Mississippi state fans that think will is going to play in the nfl than actually are mad or blame him for his performance.
I am not mad at Will, I like him, I just don’t see him playing in the nfl.there is literally zero chance of that.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I am not mad at Will, I like him, I just don’t see him playing in the nfl.there is literally zero chance of that.
I wasn’t predicting he is going to play in the nfl. I was just pointing out way more fans overrate him than are mad at him or blame him.

Reactions: 85Bears

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Good. He would have been better off doing that the day Barbay was hired.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Fella has made the most out of his little frame. Maybe he'll get going like Bo Nix in a pass happy offense and do great

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
Good luck to him. I appreciate what he’s done. May want to hit the weights in the offseason get that arm strength up a little bit.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

BulldawgFan

Oct 7, 2013
Simply not true. Already has significant offers in the SEC and interest elsewhere. All of this will become clear in the coming weeks.
What significant offers in the SEC does he have? If he does (which I highly doubt) then it’s to be a backup. He wouldn’t start for any other team in the SEC this year. Would be 3rd string on quite a few. He didn’t work hard enough in the weight room and it shows. A weak arm is very limiting beyond high school.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Did he actually say that he “loved” MSU? I didn’t see that. I saw that it was an “honor playing” at MSU and that he “loved” Mississippi, but no “love MSU”. Maybe it’s understood and I’m reading too little/much into it it. 🤷‍♂️
I think it was intentionally worded that way. He did get a lot of criticism. I'm sure he read the 'noodle' arm comments and all the rest. I appreciate everything he did for us but I too am ready to move on.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Idiots are always the loudest

Reactions: Fishsqeezer

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I’m sure Will knows he’s not going to the NFL. That means next year will probably be the last chance he has in his life to play competitive football. Not sure why anyone would knock him for wanting to play as long as he’s eligible.
Bc people like goat are dumb AF

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login