Wimbledon: it's been a really really long time since I have watched tennis.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Wimbeldon is one of those few tournaments I do love to watch. I used to like to catch the U.S. Open as much as I could but I had become bored with the players and the games that I had seen for the past few years. I mean I wouldn't turn off a football game to watch tennis but Wimbeldon grass court games are always a lot of fun to watch for me at least. I don't know how it happened but this year I have watched more tennis in one week than I have in the last five years. I'm still not back to level I was in the days like I was when Jimmy Connors and John McEnroe played. Then I moved on to watch Boris Becker, Andre Agassi, Pete Sampris, Federer, and so many great ladies players I can't even list them all going all the way back to Chrissy Everett was playing against Billy Jean King. For the first time in a long time it has been really enjoyable see the men and women's games this week. I'm still waiting for John McEnroe start cussing in the commentators box

Last edited:

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
McEnroe hates Kyrgios with a passion which I find ironic considering McEnroe's actions when he played.

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
I think McEnroe's antics were generally about the game he was playing, officials, etc.

Kyrgios's antics are not always rational and are all about Kyrgios.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I think McEnroe's antics were generally about the game he was playing, officials, etc.

Kyrgios's antics are not always rational and are all about Kyrgios.

I haven't seen this guy you are talking about but I do understand what you are talking about when you say McEnroe's antics were about the game he was playing. He and Connors and a few others had to drag tennis out of its dull past into a more progressive fun game to watch. Before those two came along there was zero personality in the men's game

Aug 3, 2019
McEnroe would act up in a preliminary match, because he was bored.

When he went against Borg, he didn't play any games. He respected Borg and knew that throwing tantrums had no effect on him.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login