Winning

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
If Monte Kiffin had owned a local hardware store, Lane would probably be a roller skating Asst. manager at Sonic right now.
His last name probably got him some opportunities early on, but he’s made the most of them and probably will go down as the 2nd best coach in OM history behind Vaught.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
His last name probably got him some opportunities early on, but he’s made the most of them and probably will go down as the 2nd best coach in OM history behind Vaught.
Be interesting to see how next season turns out, and even with Freeze's demise, I still contend that the 2014 and 2015 teams were their best overall squads in the modern era. None of Lane's teams so far have had that level of horses. Yeah they dropped some games they shouldn't but they also had the muscle to beat the elites. Lane didn't have that this year, but he may next year.

All that to say, I'm not ready to say Lane is better than Freeze just yet.

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
I hope he finishes as the 2nd best UM coach. I know they are know Georgia or Alabama but they should be in the playoffs next year with their record and what they return. Football is the hardest as sport to upset a higher ranked team but you never know. I though they were gonna get killed last night after the first couple drives but they made plays even though their line got dominated.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Be interesting to see how next season turns out, and even with Freeze's demise, I still contend that the 2014 and 2015 teams were their best overall squads in the modern era. None of Lane's teams so far have had that level of horses. Yeah they dropped some games they shouldn't but they also had the muscle to beat the elites. Lane didn't have that this year, but he may next year.

All that to say, I'm not ready to say Lane is better than Freeze just yet.
Records book says 2021-2023 is most successful UMiss football 3-season stretch since 1959-1962.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Lane may act like a petulant child and a troll sometimes, but he is a heck of a football coach. I wish we had hired him when we had the chance. OM will possibly be preseason top 5 next season and have a great chance of making the playoff. You don’t do that at a school like OM without being a great coach.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Records book says 2021-2023 is most successful UMiss football 3-season stretch since 1959-1962.
I don't go strictly by record, that's too simplistic. Mix all those teams up, who wins? 2015, 2014, then who knows between 2021 and 2023.

Going strictly by record is like comparing a 10-game SEC schedule in 2020 to a regular schedule. It doesn't provide the appropriate level of information and context.

I think their 2008 team would probably beat their 2021 and 2023 teams.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
It was a damn joke about him pulling hot women. The guy woke up on 3rd and thought he hit a triple. And yeah, after several failed chances, he finally caught a break getting hired by Saban and turned his sorry *** around. Good grief, I’m tired of not even being able to make an ole miss joke without state fans making sure i know how great they are. Thanks for the help.

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
It was a damn joke about him pulling hot women. The guy woke up on 3rd and thought he hit a triple. And yeah, after several failed chances, he finally caught a break getting hired by Saban and turned his sorry *** around. Good grief, I’m tired of not even being able to make an ole miss joke without state fans making sure i know how great they are. Thanks for the help.
You’re welcome.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
As much as I hate OM, I like Lane. He just doesn’t give a **** and I appreciate that attitude.

Reactions: patdog

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Sure, the mature poon is just as good but the exterior packaging does not compare. That's just me though. I'm not a huge fan of sagging and stretch marks. A 20 year old a$$ and 50 year old a$$ are not even comparable

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
As much as I hate OM, I like Lane. He just doesn’t give a **** and I appreciate that attitude.
agree. He has become a good coach. I like him from a distance. He is a strange dude who is funny as hell, most of the time, on Twitter. I doubt he would be a good dude to hang out with, for me anyway.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login