Winter Storm Watches Issued

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
1-3" of snow along the 82 corridor and 3-8" northern part of the state. My condolences to those working in grocery stores tomorrow.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
They are actually forecasting freezing rain here in Austin on Sunday night, nothing at that level, although it is going to get very cold for South Central Texas. We're actually gonna be in the teens for two or three nights in a row.

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
I stocked up on TP, milk, eggs, and beer.....not because of the snow though.....17'n college kids are back in town this week....double whammy

Reactions: mcfly.sixpack

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
And banks! Old folks got to go to the bank before the snow and ice hit.
Yep, and Monday is a holiday, so no riding up early Monday morning. my bank is not open on Saturdays, which kinda blows. my bank didn't even open till lunch today because some limbs fell on the power lines. nothing to do with the weather, just back luck i suppose.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
1-3" of snow along the 82 corridor and 3-8" northern part of the state. My condolences to those working in grocery stores tomorrow.
Mrs Bite went to the store today, I got a hankering for a grilled hamburger, and she said there wasn’t a single pack of hamburger buns or loaf of bread in the store.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I am going tomorrow to fill up jugs of gas for my generator. Limbs and trees are about to start hitting the ground and taking power lines with them.

Motodawg

Apr 19, 2018
Y’all call me if you need a plumber. If you want free advice about what to do. Hit me up!

Spotdawg

Feb 15, 2007
Y’all call me if you need a plumber. If you want free advice about what to do. Hit me up!
I've got to close down my MIL's house tomorrow for about a month. I'm thinking faucet covers, leave the heat on 60 and turn the water off at the meter?

Motodawg

Apr 19, 2018
I've got to close down my MIL's house tomorrow for about a month. I'm thinking faucet covers, leave the heat on 60 and turn the water off at the meter?
I’m not a fan of turning the water off at the meter unless you can successfully blow out the water from the lines. Bump that heat up to 68, open the cabinet, cover the bibs (especially north facing) and you should be fine.
if you do decide to turn the service off at the meter, at least you won’t flood, but you may find a leak when you turn it back on. If you won’t be back for a month, this may be your best bet.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
This guy will make some money next week. Guessing he sees it every year when the blast hits MS.

Make sure to disconnect hoses. I doubt there's many frost free hose bibs in the SPS homeowner pool. A quick hack is for the night it's going to be extra cold, snag a couple of 18 hour hand warmers, duct tape em to your hose bibs, and insulate around it.

Reactions: Spotdawg

Motodawg

Apr 19, 2018
This guy will make some money next week. Guessing he sees it every year when the blast hits MS.

Make sure to disconnect hoses. I doubt there's many frost free hose bibs in the SPS homeowner pool. A quick hack is for the night it's going to be extra cold, snag a couple of 18 hour hand warmers, duct tape em to your hose bibs, and insulate around it.
Unless there is a day or two with temps below freezing for the highs, it doesn’t affect my work much. Last Xmas was super busy but they are a couple year thing.

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
What is it looking like for the Memphis area?
Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login