Wish the hump could be like this again

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Sat on the second row center court for that game. It’s hard to describe how loud it was at the end of that game when they started the comeback. My ears were ringing.

Moondawgg

Sep 30, 2022
The good ol’ days, was there as well
That’s me in the corner. That’s me in the spotlight

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
That was a fun game- lucky to have been in school and able to go. That year we passed IDs to each other so designated people would get tickets to ensure we all could go. This game especially was crazy- people lined up so early before the game.

I didnt remember Campbell(BF!) got the first bucket.
Wild that we were 13-0, it was January and we had played 2 conference games, and yet we were only ranked 24th. The OOC schedule, besides Xavier and UAB, must have been horrific for SOS. I remember the team barely pulled off a win at Santa Clara around Christmas time to stay undefeated.

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
All we need is an exciting team and a competent coach.
I am not sure that would do it. When the lady's were rocking it there was almost always at least 3 rows in the lower level with no one sitting in them while the rest of the Hump was packed. Cohen has made it clear that students wont be getting those seats (this is from of post cast with Joel T earlier in the year). Therefor if what ever businesses have those seats secure don't provide them to Dawg fans who are willing to show up midweek you will likely never see that environment again. Also it looks pretty poor on TV when those seats are what viewers (and recruits) see as the crowd.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

I was fully expecting this to be a Midnight Madness video from the mid-90's. Man I feel old now! Back in my day we waited in lines that wrapped around the Hump just to get tickets. Sometimes that meant staying overnight and/or trading out shifts to keep a place in line for you and your friends. First time I saw JWS he was passing out donuts early morning outside the Hump to students who had been out there since the afternoon before.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
I sure remember Winsome and Timmy missing the front ends of the one and one opportunities and thinking... well, ****!
That was a fun team to watch and Winsome is still a favorite Dawg.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Unfortunately, it will never b like that again.
I wouldn't say that. I think the women's team showed you that if you put a winner out on the court, the atmosphere will come. That 2018 'white out' game against South Carolina proved that the Hump could be electric again.

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
How can the hump be like that again, I thought SPS's opinion was this is what needs to happen?***
explosion building GIF by South Park

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login