With each passing moment I lose faith in our athletic department

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
celebrity big brother goodbye GIF by Big Brother After Dark

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Save all this angst until November 26. Your going to have a long two weeks!

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
They may decide to stand pat and give them another year to get their players in. Ya know, Arnept was such a great hire and we are transitioning to a run first team. Probly gonna take a year or two to get it rolling. But when we do....oh look out.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I have zero faith in Keenum or Selmon. But they have no choice now. It’s a matter of when they make it official, not if.

3dawgnight

Aug 27, 2012
At this point they are all gone but if you did it now, how do you finish the season? Let Will call the offense and Jett/Bookie the D?

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
They’ve got 24 hrs following the final whistle of the Egg Bowl. If it’s still crickets after that, Keenum and Selmon have forfeited all benefit of the doubt

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
The #1 priority for an athletic department (or really any business) is to keep the hardcore fans happy. The vast majority of our fans want Arnett fired, not on November 24, but today, and it really is a betrayal from Keenum, Selmon, and the shadowy cabal who make the real decisions behind the scenes to ignore the fans and continue to employ him.

Is there any other industry in America where an employer decides to fire someone for poor performance, but lets them keep working anyway? It certainly wouldn't happen at my job, and I bet it wouldn't at yours either.

Reactions: patdog

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
The #1 priority for an athletic department (or really any business) is to keep the hardcore fans happy. The vast majority of our fans want Arnett fired, not on November 24, but today, and it really is a betrayal from Keenum, Selmon, and the shadowy cabal who make the real decisions behind the scenes to ignore the fans and continue to employ him.

Is there any other industry in America where an employer decides to fire someone for poor performance, but lets them keep working anyway? It certainly wouldn't happen at my job, and I bet it wouldn't at yours either.
Unlike most real world jobs, it’s kind of important to do some work behind the scenes and have a couple of viable candidates lined up before you fire the under-performer.

• Haha
Reactions: patdog

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Unlike most real world jobs, it’s kind of important to do some work behind the scenes and have a couple of viable candidates lined up before you fire the under-performer.
Yeah, and our AD has had weeks to do that and another 12-14 days before we'll announce the replacement.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Are you kidding? If they haven’t done everything they can do before firing a coach, that’s negligence. Which wouldn’t surprise me at all. But even if they haven’t, you have to fire him now. The ship is taking in water and it’s not going to get better with Arnett at the helm.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Are you kidding? If they haven’t done everything they can do before firing a coach, that’s negligence. Which wouldn’t surprise me at all. But even if they haven’t, you have to fire him now. The ship is taking in water and it’s not going to get better with Arnett at the helm.
Again I ask, do you know that they aren’t doing anything? Just because he didn’t get let go today doesn’t mean they aren’t doing something. And yes I know, you don’t trust Keenum to do anything.

Reactions: MidsouthDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login