With Saban retiring cant signees get out of their NLI?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
From my understanding the portal is wide open for an additional 30 days for Bama guys and they can walk away from NIL deals at anytime. I am assuming that's what ZT did when he went into the portal.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
The national letter of intent is signed with the college team, not the coach. Yes it opens the portal for current players but has nothing to do with high school signees

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
The national letter of intent is signed with the college team, not the coach
It is, but they signed to play for that coach at that college. I do think they are let out if a coach is fired, not sure why it wouldn't be if one retired.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
It is, but they signed to play for that coach at that college. I do think they are let out if a coach is fired, not sure why it wouldn't be if one retired.
I believe it doesn't matter. If not, Bama could have easily kept it quiet only to entrap these kids. If not, they can still go into the portal and play next season because they all get one free transfer.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
I believe it doesn't matter. If not, Bama could have easily kept it quiet only to entrap these kids. If not, they can still go into the portal and play next season because they all get one free transfer.
Unlimited transfers you mean. Unlimited.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login