onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Making progress ladies

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
You Cant See Me College Basketball GIF by NCAA March Madness

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I hope the WNBA starts breaking even asap simply so I dont have to see all the oddly happy comments from people who have some sort of bias or agenda that in their mind is reinforced by the WNBA not being profitable.
Why the 17 does anyone care if the NBA, which owns a stake in the WNBA, helps fund the WNBA? If the NBA sees it as a net positive for them, then its a smart decision.

Turkey is often times a loss leader and draws people into the store. Nobody yells at Kroger for continuing to carry a product that loses money.
Sony lost money on each PS5 sold for like a year after its release. Nobody yelled at Sony for continuing to sell a product that was losing money.
Costco loses tens of millions each year on ready made rotisserie chickens. Nobody is ripping on Costco for losing money on chickens.

It seems like Clark's popularity has only increased the frequency of complaints about how the WNBA is a bad business model because it doesnt show profits.

Reactions: dorndawg and Dawgg

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Another factor to consider is the WNBA is only generating TV inventory during a few months of the calendar year. The SECN goes straight from football to basketball to baseball / softball.

I would think on a ‘per event’ basis the WNBA is sharply higher.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
"It seems like Clark's popularity has only increased the frequency of complaints about how the WNBA is a bad business model because it doesnt show profits."

It seems like the majority of liberals don't like the idea of Clark being so popular and always find a way to make negative remarks about her.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
It seems like Clark's popularity has only increased the frequency of complaints about how the WNBA is a bad business model because it doesnt show profits.
I don't recall anyone stating the WNBA was a bad business model. I do recall many people telling the ESPN talking heads and WNBA players to STFU about being paid like NBA players because their league has never turned a profit.

There's a difference.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Another factor to consider is the WNBA is only generating TV inventory during a few months of the calendar year. The SECN goes straight from football to basketball to baseball / softball.

I would think on a ‘per event’ basis the WNBA is sharply higher.
Also, only 12 teams.

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
I don't recall anyone stating the WNBA was a bad business model. I do recall many people telling the ESPN talking heads and WNBA players to STFU about being paid like NBA players because their league has never turned a profit.

There's a difference.
Yep - I don’t care if the NBA helps fund them as much as they want. This isn’t a situation where the equal pay for equal work argument applies though and that usually where you see people arguing about it.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
"It seems like Clark's popularity has only increased the frequency of complaints about how the WNBA is a bad business model because it doesnt show profits."

It seems like the majority of liberals don't like the idea of Clark being so popular and always find a way to make negative remarks about her.
You really think a majority of liberals dont like the idea of Clark being so popular and find a way to make negative remarks about her?
Da17?

What I think is that a majority of liberals dont care on single lick about women's basketball, much less a specific player.
Thats something I would be willing to actually bet on for a majority of liberals.
Pretty sure you overestimate how many liberals closely follow the WNBA.

I have no idea why the majority of a political group would like or dislike Clark. She isnt overtly political. She is from my town, I have known of her for like 10 years now, and I dont think I have ever thought about her political views.
It seems odd for the majority of a political group to like or dislike an athlete that isnt overtly political...because the athlete is popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login