WNIT - Who cares?

ScoobaDawg

Jun 4, 2007
Seriously, I know noone will care.. but the Lady Dawgs did get a FIRST ROUND BYE somehow in the WNIT.

Kinda odd though, the reward for this?
Well. MSU gets the winner of USM vs Ark-LR (played at USM)
If Ark-LR wins MSU hosts.
If USM wins, they again get to host MSU

Thats just a little bit screwed up, a team having to play the first round (higher seed)getting to host the team who gets a bye (lower seed)

Ok, enough on that. I dont care really, just found it interesting. and its a slow day.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
I just saw that to. That confused me as well. Is there some kind of conflict at the Hump that day? Not that I would go to it anyway.

Apr 16, 2006
From what I understand, they haven't determined who would host that potential game. I guess they could do rock-paper-scissors and the loser hosts. But the excitement of the possibility of adding a Wnitschampsburg down here is palpable.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
The athletics site says USM hosts unless UALR wins, then we host.
I feel like it probably has something to do with bids, and I highly doubt that we submitted one.

Paper Dog

Feb 20, 2008
Both MSU and USM bid to host in each of the first two rounds

Since the USM bid is higher, a potential second-round MSU-USM game would be played in the spacious Reed Green Coliseum

For the record, the WNIT is not seeded

ScoobaDawg

Jun 4, 2007
Not that i care...but for one last time.. since Ole Lar is keeping with the program of being cheap.

THANKS LARRY!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login