Women's Soccer to the NCAAs....

sfnsfn

Apr 3, 2020
So if we win and Memphis wins, would we can play Memphis in Starkville next week?

patdog

May 28, 2007
So if we win and Memphis wins, would we can play Memphis in Starkville next week?
2nd and 3rd rounds next weekend would be at Arkansas (or Ohio State if Arkansas loses in the 1st round or Starkville if they both lose).

Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I think we'd actually all end up in Arkansas if we both won round 1.

I could be wrong, but I think soccer has campus sites for round one, then 2 regional sites (#1 and #2 seed locations) for rounds 2 & 3, then the quarterfinals ('elite eight' equivalent) are played at the higher seed's location. The semifinals and championship are played at a predetermined location (this year, it's Cary, NC).

Reactions: patdog

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
2nd and 3rd rounds next weekend would be at Arkansas (or Ohio State if Arkansas loses in the 1st round or Starkville if they both lose).

This scenario is right (I think). We would need 3 upsets while avoiding an upset ourselves to get to host rounds 2 & 3.

Also, the SEC is more stacked than I realized. There are 9 SEC teams in the tournament and all but 2 are regional seeds. The ACC is the only one with more represented (10 teams with 8 regional seeds).

patdog

May 28, 2007
This scenario is right (I think). We would need 3 upsets while avoiding an upset ourselves to get to host rounds 2 & 3.

Also, the SEC is more stacked than I realized. There are 9 SEC teams in the tournament and all but 2 are regional seeds. The ACC is the only one with more represented (10 teams with 8 regional seeds).
SEC generally has a lot of good teams, but rarely top 8 teams (and I think the only final four team was Florida way back when Abby Wambach played there). Bama looks like they might have a chance, but it'll be interesting to see how they do against the real elite competition.

Reactions: Dawgg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login