Word of the Year

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Flurona---------Thought we eliminated the flu

Why do you get salt packets at Sonic? Is there that much demand for MORE salt there? Also, their napkins suck.

Last edited:

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
The problem is, it is typically offered as a package deal. “Would you like any ketchup, salt, or mints?” You need the ketchup, and those mints are the tits. So you just say “yes” and they throw that ****** little salt packet in.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
How about that Sonic chewy ice though? They should bag it up and sell it... I'd buy a 6 lbs bag for a 10 lbs price.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
The problem is, it is typically offered as a package deal. “Would you like any ketchup, salt, or mints?” You need the ketchup, and those mints are the tits. So you just say “yes” and they throw that ****** little salt packet in.

They ask you at yours? Interesting. At mine you just get what you get. I'd pay a quarter for a few extra of them soft mints.

notoriousD_O_G

Apr 1, 2013
They ask you at yours? Interesting. At mine you just get what you get. I'd pay a quarter for a few extra of them soft mints.

At first I was kind of upset when they switched to the soft mints but I actually prefer them now. Extra would be nice though because they don't last as long as the hard ones did.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Also if you’re not using the Sonic app to order, you’re missing out. Half price drinks all day every day.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I now live 74 miles from the closest Sonic. When we take the kids it's as a big a deal as going to Six Flags.... And I cannot believe we have not talked about those Sonic pretzels. 360 probably faints when he gets one.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
I looked into those. There is one that sits on the countertop about as big as a gallon of milk, but that thing costs $500.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
If you are adding salt to any fast food, you need to reconsider your healthy eating choices. I have a friend that will just pour salt on his whole fast food meal. Not sure if he's hypertensive or not...

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Nothing better than a chili cheese coney!

I see your sonic chili dog and raise you:

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
Do they still serve slushes with the little plastic monkey on the rim? That use to bring quite the enjoyment at 2:17 am with my Frito chili pie.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
I recently ordered a plain hamburger (meaning not a cheeseburger) at the Sonic drive thru line. Evidently they interpreted "plain" hamburger to mean nothing but the burger and the bun, with absolutely no dressings. Fortunately I did not go home with that. Discovered it before I left and then parked at one of the drive in slots, punched the order button and told them what happened. They got it fixed for me. I'll know better than to ever order a "plain" hamburger at Sonic again. Lol.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
And the good thing is their ice cream machine is never broken....looking at you McDonald's.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I recently ordered a plain hamburger (meaning not a cheeseburger) at the Sonic drive thru line. Evidently they interpreted "plain" hamburger to mean nothing but the burger and the bun, with absolutely no dressings. Fortunately I did not go home with that. Discovered it before I left and then parked at one of the drive in slots, punched the order button and told them what happened. They got it fixed for me. I'll know better than to ever order a "plain" hamburger at Sonic again. Lol.

Notice anything wrong with this one? I was a couple of bites in before I realized something was missing.

View attachment 23529

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Sonic has the best range of any fast food restaurant.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Also if you’re not using the Sonic app to order, you’re missing out. Half price drinks all day every day.
Man my Sonic sucks, and it’s not because of work shortage, they have always been ******. So I thought, I’ll use the app because I bet I get my drink faster and it’s half price. I had a car pull next to me order all kinds of delicious frozen treats and beverages through the speaker. They get theirs and were on their merry way by the time my solo beverage came out to me.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
How about .33 mini burgers. Who else ordered a ton on Wednesday’s in college? I know Alco did, he’ll I’m pretty sure we rode together to get some.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Wife wanted one last year so we bought one. It gets shipped to the house and I get everything out and set up, put water in it, and water starts going everywhere. Apparently in shipping it was dropped and it broke the hose ends that attached to the pump. So I call and they ship me a new one and I send the other one back. Get the second one, get it all set up, and it just sits there and cycles the water through the system and never makes ice. I call again and they tell me that it’s no good and to send it back for a new one. I just told them to refund my money.

Dawg_4_lifes

Sep 17, 2016
I like the dual salt/pepper packs. I like to use a precise small tear right down the sweet spot to deliver the salt and pepper evenly. It is life changing when done right.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun

Jan 9, 2016
Have always throw the mints out and always get a milkshake so I don't know about the ice.....on my way back from Savannah now. Got to pull over at the next Sonic for lunch and see what all the fuss is about.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login