Work thoughts...

mike tice

Sep 30, 2022
1. I barely think about football. Sure is a change from 10 years ago. It's just gotten so 17ing stupid.

2. Why does everyone get so mad about politics and religion? " I'm right and you're wrong!" Well that's like your opinion man.

3. Jake Mangum has been so dam good in the minors but has 0 chance of getting called up. Such a shame

4. Skenes is 17 ing good. I mean holy ****. The Air Force catcher is living his best life.

5. I have a dog that brings as much stress in my life as my job does. She rings a bell at the back door to piss/sht. I GD hate that 17ing bell. Yeah I know at least she's not pissing in the floor. "Ding Ding MF get your asss off the couch and open this door."

6. Kids sports.What can you say? They are insane. I'm in the trap right now. AAU basketball ( pick another sport young dads, trust me ) Travel baseball ( just spent 5k to go to the shipyard world series in Charleston SC ) they all suck. Don't get me wrong when your kid lights it up or locks it down it's a huge/ wonderful feeling. So proud. But it's a rabbit hole of money lessons and shty parents. I wouldn't trade it. Well the parents fighting in the stands at basketball games I would. But that's what they do.

7. I wish we were good in baseball again. Next Omaha trip I'm staying the week or at least until we are out.

8. Come on Dak. Let's get this sht done and shut up some of the dumbest fans I've ever seen. Not ours. Well some of ours. But you know the fans I'm talking about.

9. Saw a ticky tok. When your kid is talking or wanting to hang. Close your eyes. Imagine you are 80. Open and you are back. For just that day. Now what would you do? Pretty powerful.

10. Back to work ( prolly not ) Hail State even though we suck at errryyythang.

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
Work Quality GIF by MOODMAN

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
1. I barely think about football. Sure is a change from 10 years ago. It's just gotten so 17ing stupid.

2. Why does everyone get so mad about politics and religion? " I'm right and you're wrong!" Well that's like your opinion man.

3. Jake Mangum has been so dam good in the minors but has 0 chance of getting called up. Such a shame

4. Skenes is 17 ing good. I mean holy ****. The Air Force catcher is living his best life.

5. I have a dog that brings as much stress in my life as my job does. She rings a bell at the back door to piss/sht. I GD hate that 17ing bell. Yeah I know at least she's not pissing in the floor. "Ding Ding MF get your asss off the couch and open this door."

6. Kids sports.What can you say? They are insane. I'm in the trap right now. AAU basketball ( pick another sport young dads, trust me ) Travel baseball ( just spent 5k to go to the shipyard world series in Charleston SC ) they all suck. Don't get me wrong when your kid lights it up or locks it down it's a huge/ wonderful feeling. So proud. But it's a rabbit hole of money lessons and shty parents. I wouldn't trade it. Well the parents fighting in the stands at basketball games I would. But that's what they do.

7. I wish we were good in baseball again. Next Omaha trip I'm staying the week or at least until we are out.

8. Come on Dak. Let's get this sht done and shut up some of the dumbest fans I've ever seen. Not ours. Well some of ours. But you know the fans I'm talking about.

9. Saw a ticky tok. When your kid is talking or wanting to hang. Close your eyes. Imagine you are 80. Open and you are back. For just that day. Now what would you do? Pretty powerful.

I thought your last drunk post was lame, then you go and post something like this… AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022

A couple Xans and a bag of weed

Last edited:
Reactions: stateu1

Anon1717806835

Jun 7, 2024
Amen to # 2.

In most cases, a person's religion is determined by the culture they are predisposed to and family history, not being more or less enlightened that someone else.

That brings up something I have had on my mind this week. Has anyone ever had any experience with folks who are part of the Church of the Nazarene? I recently had a cousin who married into a family who are members / heavily involved in that particular denomination. I spent some time with my cousin, his wife and her parents at a 4th of July/Holiday get together this past weekend. Wow. They genuinely believe that their **** don't stink. I can't believe they let my cousin in the front door, much less marry their daughter.

AROB44

Mar 20, 2008
Amen to # 2.

In most cases, a person's religion is determined by the culture they are predisposed to and family history, not being more or less enlightened that someone else.

That brings up something I have had on my mind this week. Has anyone ever had any experience with folks who are part of the Church of the Nazarene? I recently had a cousin who married into a family who are members / heavily involved in that particular denomination. I spent some time with my cousin, his wife and her parents at a 4th of July/Holiday get together this past weekend. Wow. They genuinely believe that their **** don't stink. I can't believe they let my cousin in the front door, much less marry their daughter.

Actually one's religion is pretty much based on what part of the planet someone is born.

Reactions: bsquared24

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Not sure who the Air Force catcher is, but Skenes is on a roll. Not just in baseball. He’s banging Olivia Dunne.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006

All good thoughts, but I couldn't possibly agree more with these two.

For #1, don't get me wrong... I'll always love football, and I'm sure I'll be up with excitement around 5AM on gameday this Fall like always, but it's just different man. I used to love watching coaches and players grow over the years while donning the maroon and white, and I don't mind saying that I frankly don't give a 17 pretty much any of the hired guns that we call bulldogs these days. Coaches, admin, players, all of them. This isn't what college sports is supposed to be

On #2, holy hell. The amount of people inside and out of my family that think the world's ending tomorrow if a certain Dem or Rep candidate gets in office is just mind boggling. I don't know if people are just more dependent upon governmental support than ever before, if stupidity is just spreading like wildfire, or something else, but for 99.9% of Americans I can promise you this. No matter what dumba$$ we decide to put in congress or a presidential seat, I guaran-damn-tee you that it's not going to prevent you from living your life or being happy.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
On #2, holy hell. The amount of people inside and out of my family that think the world's ending tomorrow if a certain Dem or Rep candidate gets in office is just mind boggling. I don't know if people are just more dependent upon governmental support than ever before, if stupidity is just spreading like wildfire, or something else, but for 99.9% of Americans I can promise you this. No matter what dumba$$ we decide to put in congress or a presidential seat, I guaran-damn-tee you that it's not going to prevent you from living your life or being hahappy.
A lot more Americans have this view than Europeans. It's not hard to figure out why. Yeah yeah maybe it's all hyperbole....but maybe it's not.

When your relative is talking about how the rise of certain politics ruined all your lives. Close your eyes. Imagine you are 80. They were right. Open and you are back. For just that day. Now what would you do? Pretty powerful.

A lot of politics is stupid. But the idea that it's all meaningless is more stupid. History shows that, period. Fascist or communist regimes do not have many happy citizens.

I asked a friend I know in North Korea how things are going. He said, can't complain.**

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
In the evenings, our younger dog frequently lays at the sliding door to the back yard and when she gets bored, will tap the glass with a single toenail.
It is one of the most infuriating things because we know she doesnt really want to go out, she is just bored and wants her evening walk. We let her out, 5min later she taps to come back in, then the whole thing repeats.
That single nail tapping glass should be subtle, but damn it is loud and obvious.

• Haha
Reactions: mike tice

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
2. Once you realize, as I did some years ago, that we do not elect presidents in Mississippi and Bennie Thompson will never lose, politics is moot.
It's like when I was in HS playing basketball at Copiah, when Prep, Hillcrest or MRA rolled into town, it didn't matter what you did on the court. The result was still the same. You had no control over it all.

mike tice

Sep 30, 2022
Amen to # 2.

I married a Church of Christ preachers daughter. So well.. Lets just say they had to get adjusted. They did and now they love me.

• Haha
Reactions: jethreauxdawg

mike tice

Sep 30, 2022
Not sure who the Air Force catcher is, but Skenes is on a roll. Not just in baseball. He’s banging Olivia DunnSkenes
From "on the line" May 5, 2023 — In fact, Skenes was recruited as a catcher. Ask Air Force pitching coach Ryan Forrest, and he will tell you he still thinks Skenes is a first- ...

Reactions: PBRME
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login