World Cup 2026.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Looks like if you want to see US national team play live, you better live on the West Coast. Group stage games will be in Los Angeles, Seattle and Los Angeles. Sucks for the rest of us that don't live on the West Coast.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Looks like if you want to see US national team play live, you better live on the West Coast. Group stage games will be in Los Angeles, Seattle and Los Angeles. Sucks for the rest of us that don't live on the West Coast.
Woof. Jerruh thought he might get the championship match, but it went to NJ. 9 games here in DFW, but none for the US. That really sucks.

Reactions: Dawgg and patdog

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Does FIFA decide the group stage locations?

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
FIFA trying to keep teams in the same regions of the country for group stage matches to avoid cross country travel. The US region is the west coast.

MS-halfstep

Jun 27, 2015
Even if you live on the best coast, can you imagine how hard a ticket to one of the 3 US games will be? I’ll be happy to get to any game.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Truth.

I could go for the West Coast. I am in AO so there is a chance but I’m also plotting an East Coast trip…

Hmmm… Fly June 12 JAN to JFK — train to Philadelphia on the 14th train to Boston on the 15th — Fly BOS to Toronto on the 17th— Toronto to ATL on the 18th — ATL to JAN on the 19th

$767 airfare at the moment (using the same days but in 2024)

Up the price by 50 percent to take into account rising prices and World Cup gouging…

$1150 for flights. Trains maybe another $200?

And that doesn’t cover hotel prices and of course tickets.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Yes. Although I'm sure the home country has input into the locations they play in.
Yep.

USMNT made the call for Los Angeles and Seattle.

I halfway thought they’d ask for Atlanta considering their new National Training Center will be south of the city in Fayette County.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Honestly don’t know what ticket prices are usually like for World Cups but I imagine they will be crazy given that hosting a WC is a once in a lifetime thing for most countries (I realize we hosted in 1994 but the MLS hadn’t even started playing games at that point, and by 2026 that will be a 32 year gap).

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Honestly don’t know what ticket prices are usually like for World Cups but I imagine they will be crazy given that hosting a WC is a once in a lifetime thing for most countries (I realize we hosted in 1994 but the MLS hadn’t even started playing games at that point, and by 2026 that will be a 32 year gap).
$305 per group-stage ticket was discussed back in ‘17.

I expect it to be closer to $400 now and given that price I might as well go for USMNT matches.

Colonel Kang

Sep 29, 2022
My guess is that FIFA will put major teams in areas that are easiest for their fans to get too.

US - Anywhere

England, Germany, France, Spain, Nederlands, and Croatia - I bet they’re on the East coast

Argentina, Brazil, Uraguay, Chili, - Will probably be splits between Miami, Dallas, and Atlanta

Japan, Austrailia, Korea, etc probably get more West coast locations.

Just a guess but I bet they’ll try to make the travel as easy as possible for the major teams. The US is an enormous country and that makes a difference

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login