World Series Game 3, Texas up 3 - 0 in the third

patdog

May 28, 2007
World Series isn’t what it used to be. 5th best team in the AL vs 6th best in the NL. Snooze fest.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
The third (?) inning when the 3B Coach messed up the Arizona runner was the killer last night. Should’ve had first and 3rd with no outs. Instead, Garcia throwing a laser to get the runner at home flipped the momentum. It was an awesome throw. It feels like everyone on the rangers lineup can hit a homer at anytime.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
People are taking your advice in record numbers. TV ratings are at an all-time low.

I heard a theory several years ago that the Cubs winning it all in 2016 good for baseball in the short term but bad in the long term because it was MLB’s last great story to tell, and now it’s been told. Most baseball fans grew up with the Curse of the Billy Goat and the Curse of the Bambino and this notion of “will they ever break it”? Now those streaks have long since been broken and the World Series isn’t as interesting.

Game 7 of the ‘16 World Series had over 40 million viewers. This World Series may not end up with that many viewers total for all the games combined.

Reactions: patdog

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
People are taking your advice in record numbers. TV ratings are at an all-time low.
That's because most people can't appreciate good, fundamental baseball. All people wanna see are a bunch of homers. McGwire and Sosa ruined the game. Now it's all about exit velocity and launch angle. Kyle Schwarber hit 0.197 and whiffed 215 times. I know he hit a bunch of homers, but it's sh_t baseball. I can go to any local softball field and watch a bunch of fat guys hit balls 50 feet over the fence.

Watch the Diamondbacks play and try to tell me they don't belong. They're doing stuff like stealing bases, bunting, hitting behind the runner that most teams and players refuse to do. It's not padding their stats.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I heard a theory several years ago that the Cubs winning it all in 2016 good for baseball in the short term but bad in the long term because it was MLB’s last great story to tell, and now it’s been told. Most baseball fans grew up with the Curse of the Billy Goat and the Curse of the Bambino and this notion of “will they ever break it”? Now those streaks have long since been broken and the World Series isn’t as interesting.

Game 7 of the ‘16 World Series had over 40 million viewers. This World Series may not end up with that many viewers total for all the games combined.
Baseball really lost out with the strike and then the steroid era. It needs statistics to be relevant, and those two things killed that aspect of it. The advanced stats just aren't the same, that's all about winning. Baseball is different than other sports in that way, there is an element of individuality to it, whether we want to admit it or not.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
That's because most people can't appreciate good, fundamental baseball. All people wanna see are a bunch of homers. McGwire and Sosa ruined the game. Now it's all about exit velocity and launch angle. Kyle Schwarber hit 0.197 and whiffed 215 times. I know he hit a bunch of homers, but it's sh_t baseball. I can go to any local softball field and watch a bunch of fat guys hit balls 50 feet over the fence.

Watch the Diamondbacks play and try to tell me they don't belong. They're doing stuff like stealing bases, bunting, hitting behind the runner that most teams and players refuse to do. It's not padding their stats.
I agree about Arizona, and like KC a few years back, that's about the only thing interesting about MLB baseball anymore. But even then, that random usurper still won't win most of the time. Unfortunately the analytics have proven that pitching velocity and homers are the answer. I hate it but I can't deny it.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
The third (?) inning when the 3B Coach messed up the Arizona runner was the killer last night. Should’ve had first and 3rd with no outs. Instead, Garcia throwing a laser to get the runner at home flipped the momentum. It was an awesome throw. It feels like everyone on the rangers lineup can hit a homer at anytime.
Was Cheese coarching 3rd?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login