Would love some opinions and suggestions regarding a beach trip

CadaverDawg

Dec 5, 2011
I'm looking for a place somewhere in the Destin/SanDestin to Seaside area that I can take my wife and little girl on an extended weekend type trip in a few weeks. I'd love to checkout the Seaside area during the day one day, but maybe stay beachfront in Destin/SanDestin, but I'm not married to that idea. Any suggestions on places to stay beachfront in that area would be appreciated. It's much easier to find places when we take a big group trip, but hard to find reasonably priced places for a short stay with just my wife and daughter.

Thanks in advance

Dawg1979

Jun 23, 2015
17 watercolor. Drive your golf cart a mile to lug your crap up 3 flights of stairs, around a pool, then back down 3 flights of stairs. No fun. Really nice, but that part makes it miserable

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
If you wanting a beach chair/umbrella/ bonfire setup South Walton Beach Chair Guys can hook you up.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I'm looking for a place somewhere in the Destin/SanDestin to Seaside area that I can take my wife and little girl on an extended weekend type trip in a few weeks. I'd love to checkout the Seaside area during the day one day, but maybe stay beachfront in Destin/SanDestin, but I'm not married to that idea. Any suggestions on places to stay beachfront in that area would be appreciated. It's much easier to find places when we take a big group trip, but hard to find reasonably priced places for a short stay with just my wife and daughter.

Thanks in advance

If ‘in a few weeks’ means you’re flexible, I would start sooner rather than later. Once schools start getting out it can be hard to find places that will let you rent for 3 days at a reasonable price.

Another thing that works sort of ok if you’re flexible is booking with some of the smaller management groups at the last minute. Wasnt really successful with this last summer (I assume since everybody was gettin those govt bennies), but has been a good approach in the past. I’m guessing if you can try for the may 14th weekend or earlier you’ll have a decent shot with that.

Won’t get a screaming deal or anything because of the cleaning costs, but you can get a nightly price that is somewhat closer than the per night cost of the weekly rental.

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Cape San Blas

Cape San Blas is awesome if it's scallop season. Last time I was there I got evacuated for some little tropical storm that eventually became Cat 5 Hurricane Michael. Great place to spend with family but plan on bringing your own entertainment, food, supplies, etc.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021

Thanks in advance

This summer is first Covid free summer. It’s going to be expensive and destin proper cant get any more crowded. I would look somewhere along blue mountain or sea grove. Get what you can now if you can. I’d be shocked if you can get a long weekend. Be careful of airbnb scammers.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
This summer is first Covid free summer. .
I went to Destin July 4th week, 2020. At the time it was like stepping into a different world. Coming from masks everywhere all the time to hardly any. It was weird at the time. Also went last summer…no Covid anywhere.

Crystal Beach btw…nice area, close to Publix, etc. if that’s important to you. Personally I’d prefer something with less people if that’s even possible, but it’s definitely a convenient area to be.

Last edited:

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
If you're on a budget, flamingo motel in pcb. It's a clean place and very affordable. The fiance, my kid and I are renting a house in Mexico beach. They've got some restaraunts rebuilt there now and I heard there's also a great selection of really good food trucks.

Eta - it's hard to get beachfront in Destin. A large percentage of their condos are across the street.

Last edited:

msualohadog

Oct 25, 2014
Dayum, y'all need to stop talking about Cape San Blas... Best kept secret on the Redneck Riviera. We just went there on spring break. Peaceful, quiet, and not busy. No 17'n condos, all houses. Only downside is no restaurants. The seafood market is outstanding, however, and most of the stuff is fresh and mostly prepared.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
If you’re willing to go somewhere other than Destin, look at Pensacola or Navarre. Both have fantastic beaches. Several restaurants on Pensacola beach but not a ton. But there are lots of great restaurants in gulf breeze and Pensacola. Not as many restaurants in Navarre

Kenny.sixpack

Aug 23, 2021
If you're not here right now or in the next 2 weeks you missed the sweet spot. After that it's extremely crowded until October. Cape San Blas is okay but most of the year the "no see ums" are insane. Be sure to get a screened patio. It's also really shallow so be careful what type of boat you bring. Mexico Beach is coming back nicely and has a small but efficient downtown with a few restaurants. Still lots of construction going on. Whoever said Destin condos are across the street from beach must be thinking about 30A. It's about half and half there. Really comes down to how much driving around are you going to do. Traffic is bad in summer and we try to avoid it.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017

Thanks in advance

Cadaver, you have obviously angered the incel basement dwellers amongst us with your ruthless bragging of having had sex before and the financial capacity to take an extended weekend trip to the coast.

This is the most benign post in history and somehow 6 of you dweebs were triggered. Yikes.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Cadaver, you have obviously angered the incel basement dwellers amongst us with your ruthless bragging of having had sex before and the financial capacity to take an extended weekend trip to the coast.

This is the most benign post in history and somehow 6 of you dweebs were triggered. Yikes.

Not many basements in Mississippi, Joe Lee

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
VRBO, but it's really hard to find places that don't require at least a 5 night stay.

Lots of nice places on 30A of course, but true beachfront property is hard to find. Inlet Beach between the east end of 30A and Panama City Beach is nice and not as crowded.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

Lots of down voters on this thread… the brown water of orange beach is probably more their style**

Madison Swinger

Apr 23, 2019
Is wife a MILF? If so, post pics

We will take your silence to mean she is indeed not a MILF

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021

A 🧵 is never complete until…

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Cape San Blas is awesome if it's scallop season. Last time I was there I got evacuated for some little tropical storm that eventually became Cat 5 Hurricane Michael. Great place to spend with family but plan on bringing your own entertainment, food, supplies, etc.
Indian Pass Raw Bar is worth the trip by itself. Now I’m hungry.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

Thanks in advance
I’ll give you a heads up. I headed to Biloxi Thursday from GB, Bucee’s was packed. The tunnel was backed up a mile and half in the Eastbound lane. This was on a Thursday at 2:45. This summer is going to be absurd down here.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login