Would you be happy with this bowl projection?

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
Couple things:

--I suppose if it's OK with the fanbase we are the 3rd/4th best team, who am I to reject the blue Kool-Aid? Otherwise, natty or bust!
--Even with something as corrupt as the CFP, I don't think they'd arrange an instant rematch of Texass vs. aTm in the 1st round.
--Not sure Big 12 deserves two teams, especially over an 11-1 Indiana

Reactions: slwlion01

Wow

Sep 2, 2022
Brett McMurphy's latest @ActionNetworkHQ bowl projections. I'd sign up for this in a minute.

View attachment 676423

I'm never satisfied with losing a game but, it would be one hell of a ride and make the holiday season extra enjoyable.

On a side note, would a school administration be happier ranked 5-8 vs 1-4 just to get that extra home game? Will the economics of a 1st round playoff game on campus push us towards a 16-team playoff with no bye weeks?

Calabrin

Oct 16, 2022
I'm never satisfied with losing a game but, it would be one hell of a ride and make the holiday season extra enjoyable.

On a side note, would a school administration be happier ranked 5-8 vs 1-4 just to get that extra home game? Will the economics of a 1st round playoff game on campus push us towards a 16-team playoff with no bye weeks?
“Will the economics push—“

Yes. Always yes. If they thought they could make 50-cents more by selling radioactive beer, they’d personally begin lobbying to reduce safety standards at nuclear plants.

Nits1989

Oct 29, 2021
Interesting, PSU is the number 6 seed, but they make it to the final 4. Miami and Iowa State ranked ahead but really shouldn’t be. Those conferences do not deserve that level of deference.

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021

On another side note, expanding to 16 teams would require two more quarterfinal games. Since the trend seems to be playing major bowl games in domed NFL stadiums (Miami and Pasadena aside), play the two new ones in Detroit/Indianapolis/Minneapolis. Pick two. I'd personally go with Detroit and Minneapolis since they're both hubs for a major airline (Delta) which would help streamline fan travel. They need to rethink some of the old bowl philosophies.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
On another side note, expanding to 16 teams would require two more quarterfinal games. Since the trend seems to be playing major bowl games in domed NFL stadiums (Miami and Pasadena aside), play the two new ones in Detroit/Indianapolis/Minneapolis. Pick two. I'd personally go with Detroit and Minneapolis since they're both hubs for a major airline (Delta) which would help streamline fan travel. They need to rethink some of the old bowl philosophies.
No it doesn't...it just means taking away the 1st round byes for the top 4 teams.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021

Money is nice, but not as much as some would imagine. School gets a flat fee for providing the venue (don't know how much or if it has even been decided). School pays for the staff (ticket takers, parking lot attendants, security, food services, et al). CFP keeps the gate plus the lion's share of parking and concessions.

Reactions: CbusLion

SleepyLion

Sep 1, 2022
Interesting, PSU is the number 6 seed, but they make it to the final 4. Miami and Iowa State ranked ahead but really shouldn’t be. Those conferences do not deserve that level of deference.
I believe the P4 conference champs are slotted into spots 1-4. Even if that champ is really bad.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Franklin-haters, post-playoffs:

"BYU was an easy opponent ... should have won by more, Franklin screwed something up. Miami was a paper-tiger, and should have been seeded lower ... just another easy, expected win. And, of course, we lose to Georgia ... why can't we win games we're not supposed to win? Franklin sucks. Fire him."

CbusLion

Oct 28, 2021

"BYU was an easy opponent ... should have won by more, Franklin screwed something up. Miami was a paper-tiger, and should have been seeded lower ... just another easy, expected win. And, of course, we lose to Georgia ... why can't we win games we're not supposed to win? Franklin sucks. Fire him."
This is only largely accurate

Reactions: psuro

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021

12 team playoff/removing OSU/M from our schedule was a gift to Coach. But you know that.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
12 team playoff/removing OSU/M from our schedule was a gift to Coach. But you know that.
I kinda wish we would have lost to USC, so maybe you would have fully jumped ship and then you could have annoyed them with "go trojans beat anteaters" broken English soundbytes.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
SEC & B1G will riot if they don't get four teams in each; they're already trying to get four automatic bids each in whatever the next version of this is. ND doesn't make the cut here either, but I've seen many projections where they will, and it will be fun to see who gets bumped as a result. Also, consider this - the following could happen in the B1G:

All Teams 8-1

Ohio State (L to Oregon)
Penn State (L to Ohio State)
Illinois (L to Penn State)
Oregon (L to Illinois)
Indiana (L to Ohio State)

season 3 chaos grenade GIF by Billions

• Love
Reactions: laKavosiey-st lion

SleepyLion

Sep 1, 2022
SEC & B1G will riot if they don't get four teams in each; they're already trying to get four automatic bids each in whatever the next version of this is. ND doesn't make the cut here either, but I've seen many projections where they will, and it will be fun to see who gets bumped as a result. Also, consider this - the following could happen in the B1G:

All Teams 8-1

Ohio State (L to Oregon)
Penn State (L to Ohio State)
Illinois (L to Penn State)
Oregon (L to Illinois)
Indiana (L to Ohio State)

season 3 chaos grenade GIF by Billions
And then they have to pick 2 for the B1G championship game.

Reactions: Midnighter

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021
I believe the P4 conference champs are slotted into spots 1-4. Even if that champ is really bad.
Correct. You could have a 4-loss team be a top-4 seed because the conference championship game winners get those slots. Thankfully, every conference took their divisions away so we don't have to see a 4-loss Pitt team win the Coastal and then pick off Wake Forest and then be a 4-seed.

Reactions: PSUFBFAN

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
I kinda wish we would have lost to USC, so maybe you would have fully jumped ship and then you could have annoyed them with "go trojans beat anteaters" broken English soundbytes.
Bro I dropped 5k to see that game, no way they was losing

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login