Would you trade Lebby for Dabo?

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Nope, Dabo is a lot closer to Freeze for me than Saban or Smart. I don’t give a **** about coaches playing the game, but spare me the self righteous doing things the right way BS that he was spewing while pulling in top 5 classes and winning titles. He may not have given anybody a dime, but he knew dang well about the people that were so that he could win, and I have more respect for a knowingly dirty coach that a piece of trash like Dabo that lets others do the dirty work for him

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Dabo won't ever have to work again. About to fund a jet upgrade and another vacation home after this buyout. Him and Jimbo going to buy a small island or maybe Jamaica.

Reactions: patdog

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
No. If he refuses to play the portal game what would our talent look like at State? Yea I know it’s currently 15th but it would be worse under him.

Dabo said on game day he didn't use the portal because he was happy with the team he had. Unless things start looking better for Clemson this season, I suspect he will give the portal a hard look for next year.

Reactions: SchrodingersDawg

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Dabo said on game day he didn't use the portal because he was happy with the team he had. Unless things start looking better for Clemson this season, I suspect he will give the portal a hard look for next year.
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
No. I don’t think Dabo would have made it in literally other situation in college football, in any other era. Just right place at right time.

Very similar to Orgeron, except Dabo is slightly less hard headed, but still way too bad. Croom is this type of coach too, except extreme hard head. I think there’s probably a very rare situation and era out there that he could have succeeded too (well, no, probably not).

There are more of these types out there, but you really have to check your ego and let your coaches coach. And you can’t lose that edge in recruiting. And hell Dabo did most of that, but just totally self imposed his doom by intentionally ignoring the portal.

But it’s over for him now. He’s not gonna get back.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
But you’ve seen the other one huh?

Yeah.

He's won two national championships, was 1 win from 3 more and tons of football games. He seems to be slipping, but damn, there's no comparison at all until Lebby proves something.

Have y'all forgotten the lesson of our last two coordinator to HC hires. It's very far from a sure thing.

I hope Lebby is a sure thing.

smurphdawg

May 5, 2016
This is funny as **** to me. We don’t want a coach who has won two titles because we want this guy who has never coached a game as a HC.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login