wow...just wow...

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
We lose Garrett, then two very good linemen, and the capper-

We get a committment from a tiny QB with "no other offers" and people still want to say our offense is no factor. We might as well get in the <17'ing> Wing T

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
I was thinking the Notre Dame box. It's more creative than what we got now.

thunderclap

Feb 25, 2008
Why? Why offer that kid right now? Do we really have no other expectations for signing QBs this year that we're so anxious to get that kid to commit?</p>

Watch. We'll fill up early again with 2-stars. Then go to another bowl. Then be told that NEXT YEAR will be our big recruiting year.</p>

BewareOfMSUDawg

Oct 8, 2006
Croom not being able to put together even a mediocre offense will always limit him in being able to recruit and land a decent QB.

Maybe he'll surprise me by getting in on and committing some of these other good QB and skill player recruits (he's already shocked me by having a winning season), but that's hard to do when you've shown that you're offensively retarded, as evidenced by 4 straight years of ranking over 100th in the nation in total offense.</p>

DowntownDawg

May 28, 2007
losing Brown and Wesley have to do with our offense being a factor in losing Garrett and committing this other qb?

Can't wait to hear this.

You're absolutely pathetic. You take a paragraph long statement made by Garrett as to why he committed to LSU, cut out 85% of it, where he discusses the facilities, the academic support, the history, etc., and then bold the one sentence that fits your agenda, and affixes it as your signature quote. Of course, you did the same thing with my words, I shouldn't be surprised.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
complete blind and moronic sheepdom...congrats.

The post, as the others before you realized, talked of what a ****** week we have had. If you think getting another small, fragile, ****** QB to commit to us is good news, then nobody can help you. As I said before, because of our offense, we get QB's and WR's that have to play here because they have to to be in the SEC, not that they want to.

As far as Garrett, that was his answer when asked why he changed. You cant dispute that. Its quoted word for word. Whine all you want, its what he said. Just admit i'm right and everything will be fine. Most intelligent people knew this already anyway

DowntownDawg

May 28, 2007
....and the one good thing that happened (Polk's resignation) has definitely been tempered by his BS public insistence that we hire Raffo. So overall, very ****** week in bulldogland.

If your post was simply pointing out the fact that it's been a ****** week, my apologies. It just read like you somehow were trying to tie the gunfire incident on campus to our recruiting failures this week, which would, of course, be absurd.

And as far as Garrett goes, we both know this is the whole quote:

"<span style="font-weight: bold;">It was hard. But I went down there for Junior Day, and they took us around and showed us the campus, academic center and football facilities, and I was really impressed. I met most of the coaches and something about the place just stuck with me. And I loved it when I went back a few weeks ago.</span> I sat in on a quarterback meeting and was really impressed with the direction of the offense. <span style="font-weight: bold;">I came back home, prayed about it and knew it was where I wanted to be.</span>"

And of course, you ignore the first three sentences, and take the 25% of the quote that fits your agenda and makes it your signature. So you're full of ****, and you're dishonest, but most intelligent people knew this already anyway.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Croom wasn`t hired because he`s a good coach . He was hire to bring character and discipline to our football program. Cut him some slack damnit.

1MSUDawgFan

Feb 23, 2008
thatsbaseball said:
Croom wasn`t hired because he`s a good coach . He was hire to bring character and discipline to our football program. Cut him some slack damnit.

</p>He wasn't hired to bring character and discipline to our football program, he was hired to win games. ANd he backed into winning this year. I still stand behind my opinion that if Henig wasn't hurt against Auburn, he would've started the rest of the season and we would've won about 3 games again. Croom lucked up this season.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
"take the 25% of the quote that fits your agenda and makes it your signature. So you're full of ****, and you're dishonest"

What exactly is dishonest or full of **** about pointing out what the guy ACTUALLY said? He said it. Made specific mention of it. Spin it any way you want, but he said it.

DowntownDawg

May 28, 2007
...that your argument is that the primary reason he switched to LSU was because of their offense vs. our offense. That is your position, and you have dug in, and you aren't moving. Most of the rest of the board believes that it probably had something to do with it, but was secondary to the nature of LSU's program as a whole: their facilities, their fan support, the fact that they have won 2 national championships in the past 4 years. Garret's quote essentially backs up that assertion by mentioning all of those other things first, and then mentioning that he liked their offense.

Since your position is that he changed because of their offense, you cut out the rest of the part that defeats your argument, and preserve only the small portion that supports your argument. Which is dishonest. Which makes you a liar on top of being a failed coach, terrible at predictions, and a condom salesman.

You did the same thing with the portion of my words that you have in your signature. I said that you can't fire Croom 1 year after an 8 win season unless the next season is terrible, say 3 wins or less, but that he'd better be bowling again the next year, if he doesn't in 2008. I went on to say that graduation will hit us hard after 2008, so realistically, he'd better have another winning season in 2008, because he can't and shouldn't survive losing seasons in 2008 and 2009.

You then cut all the rest of my statement out and imply that I will be satisfied with 3 wins in 2008. Again, dishonest. Again, you're a liar (and a failed coach and a condom salesman).

rugbdawg

Oct 10, 2006
is that a ton of posters on the board do the exact same thing to Coach with his words. They spin his words too. I'm not defending Coach, because he clearly is a spin doctor as well, but it's incredible how people on this board fail to read the full quote or full post and then call someone out erroneously.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
"Which is dishonest. Which makes you a liar on top of being a failed coach, terrible at predictions, and a condom salesman."

"You did the same thing with the portion of my words that you have in your signature"

"You then cut all the rest of my statement out and imply that I will be satisfied with 3 wins in 2008. Again, dishonest. Again, you're a liar (and a failed coach and a condom salesman)."

All I have in my sigs are what you and Garrett said. aGAIN, spin it anyway you want- but you said that, and so did he. And the fact you cant stand be called out for your stupidity is great.

DowntownDawg

May 28, 2007
I know that part of your schtick is just to be an ******* and that you enjoy dousing the board with your flammable verbal piss, but do you really believe that the PRIMARY reason that Garrett switched to LSU was because he liked their offensive system better, despite what the rest of that quote says, and what he told the douchebag Louisiana radio host?

Jackdragbean

May 23, 2006
LSU pays more than we do and to top it off.......little Garrett went down on his trip and was raped by half the pom pom squad during the entire time he was there other than the 2 hours he actually talked to the coaches and looked at the facilities. He got to thinking about how MSU hasn't given him a dime and preacher Croom won't come close to throwing cheerleaders his way. Hell, that could lead to premarital sex! So Garrett went home, prayed for his sins, and possibly all the sinning he was going to do in the next 5 years at LSU. God spoke back to him and said "You go ahead and go to LSU if you don't mind burning down below." Garrett thought God was talking about STD's and that he was giving Garrett the OK, so he committed to LSU the next day.

Offense had nothing to do with it.......or facilities, unless you're talking about the ***** houses they call sororities.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login