WOW! So THIS..... is how it feels to be a Vanderbilt Fan.

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
Long time fans know what it feels like. We've had our times where we were just as bad as Vandy and this appears to be one of the times.

Reactions: bulldoghair

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Anybody who has become a fan in the past 15 years doesn’t realize just how bad our football history is. 2010-2022 was really the golden age of MSU football. We’ve never had that many wining records and bowl appearances in that short a period of time in our history. Other than that and a few years in the late 90s, our history is pretty comparable to Vandy except for a few outliers here and there.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Anybody who has become a fan in the past 15 years doesn’t realize just how bad our football history is. 2010-2022 was really the golden age of MSU football. We’ve never had that many wining records and bowl appearances in that short a period of time in our history. Other than that and a few years in the late 90s, our history is pretty comparable to Vandy except for a few outliers here and there.
You guys should have been around in the 1960’s.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Vandy football maybe. At least they can hang their hat on baseball more consistently than we can.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
I'm sure Jeff Lebby is a good coach, but if he wins at MSU, then I can fully understand Bear Bryant saying he could win at William & Mary.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
But we won the natty in '41...............

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Careful there….some people on this board will accuse you of not being an MSU fan for pointing out facts.

This is SPS, sir. Reality is optional and finger-pointing sprinkled with lies and innuendo are the sign of the “true” MSU fan. **************

#FearAndLoathingInStarkVegas

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Tech and 10 was MSU's low point.
I was there for every freaking game.
This year will be close to that bad, but will have a couple more wins. 3-9.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Tech and 10 was MSU's low point.
I was there for every freaking game.
This year will be close to that bad, but will have a couple more wins. 3-9.
Respectfully disagree. Take a look at what us blue hairs endured in the late 1960’s. If I recall correctly, I think we won one game from 1967 through 1969. Might have been 66-68, but it doesn’t matter. We had a couple of ties but got blown out most weeks. At one point we had the nation’s longest non winning streak. We finally kicked a late field goal against the Richmond Spiders at Scott Field and won 17-14. I was a kid but remember seeing grown men crying with joy. Try Tech and 10 ( actually worse) for 3 years in a now. We beat UM when I was in the 4th grade ending our streak of 18 straight losses to them. Certainly we have had some rough years but I can assure you that it has been much, much worse.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login