Wow.. this is good material...

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
U of San Diego's Rob Jones is the grandson of... wait... here it is...

Jim Jones. Yeah, THAT Jim Jones.

ESPN about to do a feature on it on SportsCenter.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
Just saw the blurb before they went to commercial and figured it was coming up. Must be later in the show.

KurtRambis4

Aug 30, 2006
did a story on this a while back, too. it's just another really dubm story by espn...par for the course

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
for good comedy with this story. I guess you have to watch making Kool-Aid references around him.

ArmyofDoggness

Mar 3, 2008
His daddy, Jim Jones son, was out of the country in Europe or somewhere playing bball representing their settlement and got the call to come home and they didn't do it and the rest is history. </p>

Brutius

Aug 5, 2004
His dad was adopted by Jim Jones. When the article first started I was like I don't remember Jim Jones being black....but it made sense when they put up that he was Jim Jones adopted son.

Even so, the kid has a lethal shot from 3 point range and a killer crossover.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
a girls basketball team in Raleigh, and it was the whitest girl's basketball team I've ever seen.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
MSUCostanza said:
U of San Diego's Rob Jones is the grandson of... wait... here it is...

Jim Jones. Yeah, THAT Jim Jones.

ESPN about to do a feature on it on SportsCenter.

</p>espn the mag and SI both did mulitpage stories on this earlier in the season.
as for there being many jokes, i guess so...if you are a total dick with the inability to filter what you say...then yeah, there are many jokes.
his father was adopted, and was playing basketball in the capital city of guyana when his father told him and his brothers to come back because everyone was going to die. Rob's father's wife and unborn child were part of that forced mass suicide. yeah, forced. they killed people who tried to flee.
Rob's father has been totally #+*++$ for most of his adult life due to trying to come to terms with what had happened and why he had been one of the very very few to survive. he didnt go near a basketball till Rob asked his when he was a child.
Rob has come to terms with it and accepts it. hell from some of his quotes, he has managed to actually embrace it a bit.

but yeah, lets joke about it. cuz thats what the cool kids do.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login