wt17

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Is they’re some rule that is supposedly mandatory that requires an ejection if they purposefully remove the helmet on the base path?

Also, sort of related, but is the game not over when every runner advances and touches the base they’re supposed to? There’s no automatic outs left at that point and a run has scored to put them up in the bottom of the ninth. It seems like at that point any suspensions for post game conduct would be handled by the league, not the umpire.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Is they’re some rule that is supposedly mandatory that requires an ejection if they purposefully remove the helmet on the base path?

Also, sort of related, but is the game not over when every runner advances and touches the base they’re supposed to? There’s no automatic outs left at that point and a run has scored to put them up in the bottom of the ninth. It seems like at that point any suspensions for post game conduct would be handled by the league, not the umpire.
Probably.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
why not play the 17n game and not act like a horse’s azz? did warren morris dance around the bases line puzzy when he won the CWS?

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
Who the hell cares what Warren Morris did 30 years ago? Nothing worse than the fun police. Let the kids celebrate
everyone on this board probably has or could put one out (well except for the glfer). he was a punk and if he played in the next game the first pitch is middle of the back

Poppy IV

Nov 24, 2016
There should be a mechanism to allow fans to vote for the suspension of umpires and referees.
if the official says he’s just following the rules, or letter of the law, tell us who is responsible for that rule and post their email address.. This board will be glad to pass on that information to all fans.

Reactions: NTDawg and onewoof

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
If you watch the clip, the umpires are walking off the field before the batter tossed his helmet or crossed the plate. My question is, who ejected/suspended him if the game umpires were walking off before the “ejectable action” occurred?

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Wow, I thought that would be worse based on the thread posts. There are a lot of shenanigans in today's game that do deserve a HBP (NOT at the head). But this, especially when the game is over, is not that bad.

Reactions: NTDawg

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Had he been an Auburn basketball player and intentionally hit someone on the other team in an SEC game it would have gone unnoticed.

Reactions: Pilgrimdawg

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Wow, I thought that would be worse based on the thread posts. There are a lot of shenanigans in today's game that do deserve a HBP (NOT at the head). But this, especially when the game is over, is not that bad.
No one should ever HBP someone on purpose. That's just giving up a free base runner. If we had a pitcher who hit someone on purpose, I would hope he would just get ejected, and if not that Lemonis would take him out.

The "unwritten rules" of baseball are a cancer on the sport.

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
Based on the post, I thought he threw his helmet before running the bases. I'm just a Little League umpire, but I would say there's absolutely no reason to eject him unless there a specific rule about tossing equipment while in the field of play regardless of intent.

Also, while the game is technically over as soon as the winning run touches the plate, umpires should not leave the field while players are still between the lines.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login