Wtf is this…

Oct 9, 2023
I know some of y’all saw this on Twitter. I heard some folks say they were on hoodies in Starkville being sold? I refuse to believe our merchandisers are dumb enough to just copy and paste that sh*tty logo. Can anyone clarify?

Attachments

• B6289751-937D-4BC6-AD9D-A24806CF4094.jpeg
    B6289751-937D-4BC6-AD9D-A24806CF4094.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: Dawg84

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Didn’t Mullen actually use that term first and it never really took off ? Kiffin and OM just co-oped it after Mullen went to Fl. If you don’t like it, just don’t buy it.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Didn’t Mullen actually use that term first and it never really took off ? Kiffin and OM just co-oped it after Mullen went to Fl. If you don’t like it, just don’t buy it.
I doubt it. Regardless of who's to blame, it's pretty stupid. And I definitely won't be buying it.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
We’re just copying Ole Miss again, like we did with the script on the football helmets and other things. Not surprised.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
That's from way back. State actually started that under Mullen and OM copied it an ran with it.
The term or the logo? The nickname itself goes back a lot further than Mullen

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Seems like a play to neutralize Ole Miss' appropriation of the term "SIP". If that's the reason, I'm all for it.

It's short for Mississippi, which is of course our state, too, but they pretend to own that term. It's very stupid, but then again they will do anything that seems cool to impress the 17 and 18 year olds they covet. Lane rented BMWs for recruits to take photos in for 17's sake.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Seems like a play to neutralize Ole Miss' appropriation of the term "SIP". If that's the reason, I'm all for it.

It's short for Mississippi, which is of course our state, too, but they pretend to own that term. It's very stupid, but then again they will do anything that seems cool to impress the 17 and 18 year olds they covet. Lane rented BMWs for recruits to take photos in for 17's sake.

I forgot to say, they use "Come to the Sip" as their recruiting slogan, which is stupid because that would mean, "come to Mississippi". Well, that would include us too dipshits.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
We’re just copying Ole Miss again, like we did with the script on the football helmets and other things. Not surprised.
This is just wrong. We were doing this before them. And we very well may have been using the script before them as well.

And does it really matter anyway? I mean they took our Dudy Noble blue print and built the same baseball stadium as us when they built OU stadium.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
This is worse than Vroom Maroon and Macroom and White — COMBINED
The SA president at the time of Vroom Maroon was from my hometown. I happened to see him while he was in town one day, and the Vroom Maroon topic was brought up. I emphasized that it should be squashed as soon as possible and take pride in knowing that I had a small part in extinguishing that garbage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
How about Wasss-sip of we just stealin stuff.

scary movie phone GIF

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login