WTI down 11% and falling

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
OPEC and especially UAE signalling they're going to run on the spigots. You can certainly debate whether this is ultimately a good thing long term, but short term will help at the pump.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Spent some time in Dubai for work purposes several years ago. Very Western-friendly Arab nation. Surprised that they have been unscathed by their more moderate tendencies.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Spent some time in Dubai for work purposes several years ago. Very Western-friendly Arab nation. Surprised that they have been unscathed by their more moderate tendencies.

They're kinda the central bank of the middle east - the only ones that everyone there collectively halfway trusts. Plus (as you probably noticed) it's where everybody else goes to do their sinnin'.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
Both Dubai and Abu Dhabi can be fun if you know where to go. Fujairah not so much fun but you can get a drink there.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
I spent time in Dubai mostly, but Abu Dhabi was cool too. Would love to go back one day, though probably unlikely. I tell all my friends that it was basically Disneyworld for adults. Highlights were spending time on the beaches, where beautiful Western women wore close to nothing while local women wore burkas, going to the camel races, and my personal favorite, the powerboat races sponsored by... Budweiser.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I've enjoyed my time interacted with colleagues from Dubai and from Abu Dhahbi. They have brought some amazing dates (the fruit) as gifts

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I've spent time in Kuwait and Qatar, most Americans would be shocked at how western the cities are. In moderate muslim countries, muslim law only pertains to muslims, that's why non muslims can drink, wear what they want, eat what they want, etc. Very interesting dynamics over there, for example one Kuwaiti I spoke with considered the US, Saudi and Kuwait the good guys and Iran the bad guys.

Last edited:

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
OPEC and especially UAE signalling they're going to run on the spigots. You can certainly debate whether this is ultimately a good thing long term, but short term will help at the pump.

Price discovery …. It will continue to rise

fedxdog

Dec 7, 2008
Anything that lowers the price of oil will hurt Russia who is hoping for a high price....they'll have to discount their oil or gas for even the Chinese to buy...

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
Anything that lowers the price of oil will hurt Russia who is hoping for a high price....they'll have to discount their oil or gas for even the Chinese to buy...

don't worry the chinese care for no one but themselves. if they take the oil and they surely will it will be at a steep steep discount

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login