Xander Shauffle's acceptance speech caused an epiphany

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
He first thanks his family and then his team then says "you know who you are". I immediately think, "yeah, you know who they are. They know who they are, but WE don't know who they are".

I think it would have been nicer to actually name them or at least throw in a My wife, My Dad, My Mom, etc.

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
He first thanks his family and then his team then says "you know who you are". I immediately think, "yeah, you know who they are. They know who they are, but WE don't know who they are".

I think it would have been nicer to actually name them or at least throw in a My wife, My Dad, My Mom, etc.
I saw that too. Honestly, I think he was just really uncomfortable behind the microphone and he did it that way because he was worried about forgetting to mention a particular person. That whole process with him addressing the crowd was pretty awkward, IMO.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I am sure that what y'all are saying is what happened. I am glad he named them later on but I did miss that as probably many others did. I remember Justin Leonard's speech after he won where he actually had written down some notes and pulled it out during the speech to not forget anyone.

goindhoo

Feb 29, 2008
When Bryson won the open, he gave a list of names. Now one of his former teachers is offended he was left off the list and shaking him down for money. There’s a big article about it.

• Wow
Reactions: Darryl Steight

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
When Bryson won the open, he gave a list of names. Now one of his former teachers is offended he was left off the list and shaking him down for money. There’s a big article about it.
More to it than that. Dude was already a mooch

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Exactly. So saying you know who you are scratches the itch for the narcissistic 17 that instead of being eternally happy for someone that you know on their biggest day, is just concerned with how will he draw attention to “me”.

Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Always interesting the different reactions we can have to things. My first thought was appreciate not going through a long list of "I'd like to thank" names. Probably the addition of "you know who you are" is what stood out but as others have said (as did he) his head was still swimming with the win. Cut that off and not sure it would be noticed.

I will say by the time he got to the desk on the Golf Channel he was on a roll. Smooth, insightful, honest and funny as hell. I cracked up at his telling of the discussion on the 17th tee with his caddie to just hit it between the bunkers and his Ohhh JUST hit it between the bunkers, thanks for that shlt talk response.
About the only thing I knew about Xander is what I thought was some beef he had with his dad. Obviously have gotten to know more about him and turns out he's a pretty cool guy.

OK, fess up. Who else has to look and think hard at the leader board when both Schauffele and Scheffler are on it?

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
😂
My six year old was having a tough time with the names yesterday
He only knows Scheffler though cause I’ve been talking about the absolute heater he’s been on this year

goindhoo

Feb 29, 2008
More to it than that. Dude was already a mooch
Yea, there is a lot more to the money shake down. But the guy was very outspoken about how his feelings were hurt when Bryson didnt mention his name amongst the list of people.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Yea, there is a lot more to the money shake down. But the guy was very outspoken about how his feelings were hurt when Bryson didnt mention his name amongst the list of people.

I’m not sure why this guy thought running his mouth would make him look like a victim.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
😂
My six year old was having a tough time with the names yesterday
He only knows Scheffler though cause I’ve been talking about the absolute heater he’s been on this year
Whenever I read Xanders name, I do it like Dana Carvey sitting in front of a piano.
I Like Yes GIF by Saturday Night Live

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I’d rather take a Carolina reaper fueled sнit while sitting on a toilet seat made of rusty nails and wipe my аss with 36 grit sandpaper than watch men play golf on television.

Did I do that right @The Peeper?

@DesotoCountyDawg put me on the list!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login