Y’all all chippy about what QB we getting but

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
I want to see the next Fletcher Cox or Jeffrey Simmons. I suspect offensive guys currently on the roster can kill it with Lebby’s coaching, but all I heard about tonight was offense.
We don’t have any Cox/Simmons class players on this team. I had preseason high hopes for Pickering, Crumedy, J. Davis, D. Russell, & Trevion Williams…..but none panned out to that level. Only one recruit so far with a chance to be our next big D-Lineman is Terrance Hibbler. We are way behind everybody for good DLs. Maybe Lebby can convince some Portal DL to come and fill in until we get recruiting back up to speed. Kind of like what Arizona did. IMO, if Lebby can go 6-6 next year, he’s done a helluva job. Anything higher and I would be ecstatic!

Last edited:

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I want to see the next Fletcher Cox or Jeffrey Simmons. I suspect offensive guys currently on the roster can kill it with Lebby’s coaching, but all I heard about tonight was offense.
State fans are starved for offense and points. That is high on most people's minds. No doubt we need a couple of bad boys on defense and some studs on the OL to give the QB a chance to do his thing. Lots of holes to fill.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

Dogdazey

Nov 16, 2012
I know that the trenches is where the games are won and lost. But I question how we are going to transition at linebacker. Gonna be hard to recover from losing Jett and Bookie at linebacker.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

patdog

May 28, 2007
State fans are starved for offense and points. That is high on most people's minds. No doubt we need a couple of bad boys on defense and some studs on the OL to give the QB a chance to do his thing. Lots of holes to fill.
But State's not gonna win many games without playing good defense. We're simply not going to be able to recruit the players to outscore people like Oklahoma does.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
But State's not gonna win many games without playing good defense. We're simply not going to be able to recruit the players to outscore people like Oklahoma does.
This is a reality we better get used to. If Lebby isn't an other worldly recruiter, we won't be able to just stock the offensive side and turn into a machine.

Reactions: patdog

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I would imagine he's going to put plenty of emphasis on defense. If not he won't last long.

Reactions: vandaldawg

bsquared24

Jul 11, 2009
Getting a Cox/Simmons/Jones is not a portal deal, you have to home grow that over a couple of years. Even if they come in with talent it has to be coached and motivated properly. No one wants to hear it, but patience is needed.

Reactions: DoggieDaddy13
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login