Y’all Remember the Auburn Game at the Hump Last Spring?

ArcherSPS

Aug 22, 2012
Get ready for that Saturday with UGA at DWS. There’s a good chance they outnumber the State fans. I wish I was kidding.

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008
Get ready for that Saturday with UGA at DWS. There’s a good chance they outnumber the State fans. I wish I was kidding.
A good sign that the football program has stalled out when the defending national champions and #1 ranked team is coming into town and no one is really talking about it or cares.

Time for some new energy

Aug 22, 2012
If UGA fans outnumber State fans, then we should just quit football.

6-3 top 25 caliber team playing the #1 team at home at night. But please keep talking about a pitcher that throws with both arms when we are 4 months away from baseball season. A sport that us and 30 other teams in the country care about. SMH

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016

6-3 top 25 caliber team playing the #1 team at home at night. But please keep talking about a pitcher that throws with both arms when we are 4 months away from baseball season. A sport that us and 30 other teams in the country care about. SMH
Many of us thought we gave up in football when we hired Leach.

Reactions: #ShowOff

AGDawg14

Sep 29, 2022
I just don't see how that's going to be possible. Take last Saturday for example. Against 3-6 Auburn, even if you filled every seat that wasn't filled with anyone (around 5000 or so) with a UGA fan, it still wouldn't be close to even a third Georgia fans. I'm doubtful that that many more State fans are not going to come to this game. It would essentially take about 15,000 fewer State fans than all of our other SEC home games this year for that to happen. I have no doubt there will be a large UGA contingent, but I don't see how there's any way it could be what you're suggesting.

Gdawgs1515

Nov 10, 2022

Couldn't agree more. There's absolutely no excuse not to be in Davis Wade come Saturday night. I like baseball just as much as the next person, but damn this fanbase is ridiculous talking about baseball in the middle of November. Too many fair-weathered fans when it comes to football. Ya'll get to DWS Saturday night and bring the energy!

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I doubt they truly outnumber us, there would have to be over 30,000 UGA fans in attendance and under 30,000 State fans, which seems super unlikely. But it will be the largest visiting crowd we’ve had in a while. Probably even moreso than what Bama or LSU typically brings.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
17 JawJah!
suck my dick GIF

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I'm not sure I understand the apathy. If Mullen were here and we had the same situation, DWS would be rockin'. And Leach actually gives us a slightly better chance of winning.

When did our fans stop caring about spending Saturdays tailgating and watching bad football?

Reactions: Dawg84

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008
How does Leach give us a better chance of winning? His offense is one of the easiest to defend by the elite teams. Not going to be able to dink and dunk down the field for 14 plays against the better teams and we don’t have explosive playmakers to flip the field. QB can’t move if pressure comes.

So yeah, I get the apathy completely.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
My guess is they'll have the largest visiting fan attendance of the year. However probably no more than 10,,000. It will look like some of the old Bama crowds from the 80s and 90s.

A visitor from that distance showing in huge numbers is unlikely as there is not enough hotels and etc for them to stay. It's always easy for Bama and Auburn and LSU because they can drive in and out.

Back to this game, I'm seeing more and more tickets for sale and dropping to prices of $50 a piece for lower level. That tells me demand isn't THAT high.

Reactions: cytubb

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
How does Leach give us a better chance of winning? His offense is one of the easiest to defend by the elite teams. Not going to be able to dink and dunk down the field for 14 plays against the better teams and we don’t have explosive playmakers to flip the field. QB can’t move if pressure comes.

So yeah, I get the apathy completely.
The elites had no problem shutting down Mullen's offense, either. I was in Athens in 2017.

With Leach there is at least a hope the offense will find something that works. With Mullen you knew after the 1st Quarter when a game was hopeless.

But at least the fans would show up to watch that 1st quarter.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
The elites had no problem shutting down Mullen's offense, either. I was in Athens in 2017.

With Leach there is at least a hope the offense will find something that works. With Mullen you knew after the 1st Quarter when a game was hopeless.

But at least the fans would show up to watch that 1st quarter.
I get so tired of this. Every damn counter to what's going on now, is to reference a coach from 5 years ago.

Leach has his opportunity to prove something this weekend and in the Egg bowl. UGA has a very good defense. Probably better than Bama. He better put up some points this weekend and in the Egg.... if not.... this fan base is going to be checked out in 23. ...and Dan Mullen has nothing to do with any of that.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I'm not sure I understand the apathy. If Mullen were here and we had the same situation, DWS would be rockin'. And Leach actually gives us a slightly better chance of winning.

When did our fans stop caring about spending Saturdays tailgating and watching bad football?
1 TD in 3 years against AL and you think Leach gives us a better chance? LOL
UGA took over ND a few years ago. They'll have at least 20,000 fans here this week

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I get so tired of this. Every damn counter to what's going on now, is to reference a coach from 5 years ago.

Leach has his opportunity to prove something this weekend and in the Egg bowl. UGA has a very good defense. Probably better than Bama. He better put up some points this weekend and in the Egg.... if not.... this fan base is going to be checked out in 23. ...and Dan Mullen has nothing to do with any of that.
Only reason I brought up Mullen was to ask about the apathy that had settled in. Fans were supportive of 6-6 seasons with Mullen..

This team this year is above average for us. For a fan base that has endured and supported a far worse product, I don't understand staying home.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Only reason I brought up Mullen was to ask about the apathy that had settled in. Fans were supportive of 6-6 seasons with Mullen..

This team this year is above average for us. For a fan base that has endured and supported a far worse product, I don't understand staying home.
Well I agree with that. If you're any kind of fan, you go to games.

However, Mullen implored the fan base to show up. Leachs demeanor is "whatever" regarding a call to support or show up. However , I think many of the No-shows are about things other than the record. Another topic for another day.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login