Yall act like MSU bed shittin' started last night

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I don't like it no more than yall, but I know what to expect based on our history of recruiting.

Raise your hand if you expect MSU to consistently beat teams that recruit significantly better than us. It's like reality should be suspended because you care too much about football. Facts don't care about your feelings. You can sit there and try to convince yourself their 4-5 star players aren't great because bRiaN KeLLy iza DuMMMy, but they are better than our 83 composite score 3 stars.

Yes, every 10-15 years we will catch the league off guard and break through with 9-10 wins. But why yall expect us to do that on a consistent basis is beyond me.

"Bad" LSU teams beat us on the reg. "Good" MSU teams often suck. Why is that? Well...it's based on your fanatical perception of good and bad.

The best thing about this is next August some of yall will have us winning 9 games aGAIN.

I'm not taking up for Leach or the air raid. It has his faults just like the Mullen's power RPO game. What I do know is that we don't have the horses we thought we had. I expected more from the OL. They looked pedestrian at times. We ran out of steam on the DL due to a lack of depth. Our LBs are a step slow and get exploited. We dropped way to many passes. Rogers is to blame for some of that as well. Poorly thrown balls lead to several of the drops. Our placekicking situation is a enigma. The only group that I though played well was our RBs. They played hard and ran well when the blocking was sufficient. DJ or Woody getting stacked up behind the LOS is not their fault. Safeties looked ok. CBs let us down in critical moments. The cherry on top was all the poor tackling. That compounded everything.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
I don't like it no more than yall, but I know what to expect based on our history of recruiting.

Raise your hand if you expect MSU to consistently beat teams that recruit significantly better than us. It's like reality should be suspended because you care too much about football. Facts don't care about your feelings. You can sit there and try to convince yourself their 4-5 star players aren't great because bRiaN KeLLy iza DuMMMy, but they are better than our 83 composite score 3 stars.

Yes, every 10-15 years we will catch the league off guard and break through with 9-10 wins. But why yall expect us to do that on a consistent basis is beyond me.

"Bad" LSU teams beat us on the reg. "Good" MSU teams often suck. Why is that? Well...it's based on your fanatical perception of good and bad.

The best thing about this is next August some of yall will have us winning 9 games aGAIN.

I'm not taking up for Leach or the air raid. It has his faults just like the Mullen's power RPO game. What I do know is that we don't have the horses we thought we had. I expected more from the OL. They looked pedestrian at times. We ran out of steam on the DL due to a lack of depth. Our LBs are a step slow and get exploited. We dropped way to many passes. Rogers is to blame for some of that as well. Poorly thrown balls lead to several of the drops. Our placekicking situation is a enigma. The only group that I though played well was our RBs. They played hard and ran well when the blocking was sufficient. DJ or Woody getting stacked up behind the LOS is not their fault. Safeties looked ok. CBs let us down in critical moments. The cherry on top was all the poor tackling. That compounded everything.

Be careful 360, people get canceled for telling the truth these days 😀

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Losing in Baton Rouge, even with one of our better teams, is not something that should be surprising to anyone.

Winning on the road is tough. Add an SEC 'have' recruiter to it and it's nearly impossible. Have to play perfect, and we didn't.

This team is fine.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008

cant find much wrong with this post

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Not really on a consistent basis but a first year coach figuring it out at a new school with a transferr and us with a veteran qb and a veteran team. This is the year you expect to go and win 9. But looks like based on our mistakes and inability to adjust to a rushing qb and inability to adjust to pass rush will be a long year that was supposed to be a better year

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
I don’t accept mediocrity to this degree. Especially when considering we have our coach in year 3 with a veteran team, while LSU is struggling in year one of there coach with the worst LSU qb I’ve seen in a while.

Last edited:

Kenny.sixpack

Aug 23, 2021
This loss is on me. I let myself have hope and believe that we were better. It was foolish. I wish I could tell you it won't happen again but it probably will.

I agree with aTotal360's take on it. My observation was our players did not have the physical abilities that LSU's did. They blocked our 7 with 5 and we couldn't block their 4 with 6. I would add that if our QB is having a less than perfect game there is no other player on the team to make up for it. They ride with his performance completely. Either he plays well and they have a chance or they have no chance.

As trojandawg said, "will be a long year that was supposed to be a better year."

OliveBranchDAWG

Aug 22, 2012

“Losing games we’re favored to win is okay guys!”

Can’t wait to see where this type of mentality will take us in a couple years.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
It’s Week 3 and this was the first of many toss up games for us. You lost, but still have many more opportunities to make up for it.

I just don’t have the patience anymore to do this whole chicken little thing in September every year. We have 9 more games and 7 of them are winnable. Let’s see what happens and hopefully we make some improvements and still have a successful year. It’s absolutely still on the table for us.

DirtyDog

Aug 24, 2012
One thing to add

Maybe Arnette is as stubborn as any coach we have had. Everyone knew that The LSU was going to drop back and tuck it on 3rd and long and we never adjusted by rushing with discipline to keep containment. Repeatedly rushed well past the QB and opened up running lanes. I get that a disciplined rush takes away from the DL aggression but we ain’t getting their anyway without blitzing. Furthermore, if you are not going to be disciplined in your rush lanes than use that extra safety as a spy. We are playing a 3-3-5 and it’s possible. Nearly every LSU drive sustaining conversion was a Jayden Williams 7-15 yard scramble. I don’t understand why we don’t make adjustments or didn’t plan for it given Williams tendency to scramble. He did make more throws than expected so that helped them.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
I'm just expecting 7-8 wins on a fairly regular basis. But, that's a reasonable post. Maybe our expectations really are too high and we need to be pragmatic and be happy with 6-6 and some minor bowl games. We throw the ball a lot. We don't get great receivers thus we've got to expect drops. Even LSU's receivers dropped catchable balls.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
So you're basically lecturing the State fans (who are just like college football fans everywhere) who get their hopes built up every year to do what exactly ?

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
You're right, Stars ratings are all that matters.!

Sincerely,
All those G5 programs kicking P5 *** this year.

Sep 12, 2013
I don’t understand the point of this thread. Are you saying don’t get your hopes up? Don’t expect to win? Don’t get excited about the games? Because what’s the 17ing point of being a fan if that’s what you’re saying?

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I’m saying don’t be a whiny ***** because history is not on your side.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Yep. If you’re a longtime State fan, you know that LSU is what they are no matter the situation.

You do not discount LSU by any means.

But with that said, since we do know LSU…

patdog

May 28, 2007
I'm just expecting 7-8 wins on a fairly regular basis. But, that's a reasonable post. Maybe our expectations really are too high and we need to be pragmatic and be happy with 6-6 and some minor bowl games. We throw the ball a lot. We don't get great receivers thus we've got to expect drops. Even LSU's receivers dropped catchable balls.
To me, the line between a good season and an average one is 8 wins. We reached that number 5 times in Mullen’s 9 seasons, once in Moorhead’s 2 seasons, and none in Leach’s 2+ seasons.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'm just gonna have to quit posting posting after a ****** game because someone always comes along and posts exactly what I want to say but don't have the 17ing brains to say it. Thank you!

View attachment 25314click

Feb 4, 2015
Been watching us play for 42 years and only thing I can say is our program is fools gold. Over the last several years my enthusiasm has began to wane a lot. Can’t believe I even had ANY after the Croom experiment. But I digress. I just thought for some SMALL reason that maybe,just maybe we might actually be pretty good this year and I actually thought Rogers might finally figure it out. Can’t believe I fell for the same ol crap again!! I’m now about as enthusiastic of our season as getting a colonoscopy!

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
The past several years I ask myself every year if the team looks like they can compete as well as the 1981 team.

Most of the time, including this year, the answer is No.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
This man speaks the truth. Leach’s offense struggles putting points on the board against good SEC defenses. Mullen’s offense had the same issue….even with a veteran team in year NINE in 2017. Moorhead, same thing. Sherrill…same thing. 4 different coaches with drastically different styles, but all had that same issue at MSU. So is it really the coaching….or is it actually that you can count on one hand the number of true difference makers we’ve had on offense in the past 30 years?

Leach is far from the savior of MSU athletics….but he is a pretty decent coach that is capable of winning 6-8 games per year at MSU. That’s already been proven. And the hard truth is that is all anyone is ever going to be able to do here.

Last edited:

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Leach is far from the savior of MSU athletics….but he is a pretty decent coach that is capable of winning 6-8 games per year at MSU. That’s already been proven. And the hard truth is that is all anyone is ever going to be able to do here.

The difference in going 6-6 vs 8-4 is like the difference in running a 4.5 forty vs a 4.9. It doesn’t sound like a big difference but in reality it’s a huge difference. Not to mention adding one more wining the bowl game is huge when thats your so called regular season window. Wake me up when Leach wins 8.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
The difference in going 6-6 vs 8-4 is like the difference in running a 4.5 forty vs a 4.9. It doesn’t sound like a big difference but in reality it’s a huge difference. Not to mention adding one more wining the bowl game is huge when thats your so called regular season window. Wake me up when Leach wins 8.

I just disagree. 6 wins vs. 8 wins could be a big difference or it could be nothing. A lot depends on the context (specifically strength of schedule, injuries, etc.) and the outcome of key games. If we win 6 against this year’s schedule and one of them is Ole Miss, a lot of our fans are going to feel way better than they would have last season even if we beat Memphis to win 8.

But overall, the 6-8 win reference was a floor-ceiling one. Its more or less where Mullen had us. Nothing about our program right now feels much different than it did under every non-Dak year of Mullen’s tenure. People seem to have magically forgotten how bad we sucked against good defenses when he was here, too. Go check those 2017 Auburn and UGA box scores if you need a quick reminder.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
If we win 6 against this year’s schedule and one of them is Ole Miss, a lot of our fans are going to feel way better than they would have last season even if we beat Memphis to win 8.

What if we had beaten Ole Miss last year and won 8, how would our fans feel? Hell what if we beat Ole Miss every year for the next ten years, how would our fans feel?

Last edited:

bruiser.sixpack

Aug 13, 2009
Maybe we shouldn’t measure our success or failure with how we do against LSU.

2 years ago we beat them to death throwing for over 6 hundred yards….. on the way to a sparkling 3-7 regular season record. They finished 5-5 that year. Last year the beat us 28-25 in Starkville, and we still won 7 games.

This year, they beat us in Baton Rouge where State has won 2 times in the last 10 tries.

I was pissed by the execution. Unfortunately, it looked like a circular firing squad and State was in the middle. Our guys played poorly in all three phases of the game, and lost…. aGAIN…. In Baton Rouge.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
No the loss is on me. First game I watched live this season. I’ll go back to just watching the highlights if there are any.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
What if we had beaten Ole Miss last year and won 8, how would our fans feel? Hell what if we beat Ole Miss every year for the next ten years, how would our fans feel?

Better? Not sure what your point is. We should hire a guy that can beat Top 10 Ole Miss teams when we aren’t even Top 25 caliber, and also beat them every year? I mean yeah, that would be great I guess.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I agree with Hair. 8 wins in our division usually means you had a couple "quality" wins. Winning 6 games means you beat the OOC teams, Vandy, and Kentucky or OM.

fang

Nov 29, 2010
Catch.the.ball. Just do this and we’re probably having a different conversation. I don’t know if WR is putting more heat on it during the game vs practice or what, but if you have 1 key, drive killing drop, it’s contagious and you’ll have more (EB 3 dropped td’s). Leach can’t catch the ball and I don’t know what you do to reduce them.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Nothing about our program right now feels much different than it did under every non-Dak year of Mullen’s tenure.
Dan Mullen, non-Dak years - 7.2 wins per season
Mike Leach (assuming 6-6 this year which probably means win the ones we're favored in plus 1 more) - 5.7 wins per season

That's a significant difference, and it's skewed by throwing out the Dak years.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login