Y'all Cookin' anything today? I got Country Style Ribs in the Crockpot

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Threw in some vinegar, Tony's, paprika, cinnamon, little raw honey, lea & perrins, cracked black pepper, LA Hot Sauce, chopped celery with some oregano, purple onions, sweet taters, garlic. Waited 2 hours then threw in some parsley. Smellin' good; will be done in 'bout an hour. Pork Ribs that is.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Did you know that Country Style Ribs have no connection to the ribs? It’s actually part of the pork shoulder. It’s really closer to a Boston Butt than ribs.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
We had Crawfish Bisque and rice. Darn good stuff.
Did y'all stuff the heads? That's a dish that calls for a lot of work, but it's really good. Grilled 4 oz tenderloin, air fryer sweet potato fries with avocado oil, and homemade winter veggie soup. All Whole 30. Doc recommended that diet two weeks ago and I'm already down 15 pounds with 15 more to go to be where I want. No alcohol for 30 days but so far so good. Gonna have a cheat day soon.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Threw in some vinegar, Tony's, paprika, cinnamon, little raw honey, lea & perrins, cracked black pepper, LA Hot Sauce, chopped celery with some oregano, purple onions, sweet taters, garlic. Waited 2 hours then threw in some parsley. Smellin' good; will be done in 'bout an hour. Pork Ribs that is
I did that in the Instapot and made some awesome chopped pork with some Jack Daniels BBQ sauce. Just an experiment. Pressure cooked with spice rub and some sauce for 15 minutes and let it cook on low for a couple of hours. I really can't believe it turned out so well.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Just cooked some chicken, in an instant pot.... Good

Cooked Baby Back ribs in the crock pot a few days ago, Think I'll pass on that....

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Just cooked some chicken, in an instant pot.... Good

Cooked Baby Back ribs in the crock pot a few days ago, Think I'll pass on that....
If you were expecting them to stay together, then, yeah, this is not the way to go. I love taking a small pork shoulder or a tiny Boston butt piece and sticking it in a crockpot. I would never put my Baby Back or Spare Ribs ribs in a crockpot; that's just un-American.

Reactions: HRMSU

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
If you were expecting them to stay together, then, yeah, this is not the way to go. I love taking a small pork shoulder or a tiny Boston butt piece and sticking it in a crockpot. I would never put my Baby Back or Spare Ribs ribs in a crockpot; that's just un-American.
Yeah, I had just cooked some center cut pork loin in the crock pot. Delicious. (frequently do it in the instant pot).
Can't handle the grease from Boston Butt.

coach66

Mar 5, 2009
Homemade cream of chicken soup and a nice salad with some good wine

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Yeah, I had just cooked some center cut pork loin in the crock pot. Delicious. (frequently do it in the instant pot).
Can't handle the grease from Boston Butt.
Used to be the same way, especially with hamburger but I've learned how to drain it off or keep just a little bit of it in the rest of my recipe, whatever I'm cooking, and it's made all the difference. I usually drain most of the grease on my homemade taco meat, but I found some grease with some tomato paste gives it something extra. Don't listen to me the way I quit trying to cook gourmet meals. I started trying to make them like my grandma used to.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Threw in some vinegar, Tony's, paprika, cinnamon, little raw honey, lea & perrins, cracked black pepper, LA Hot Sauce, chopped celery with some oregano, purple onions, sweet taters, garlic. Waited 2 hours then threw in some parsley. Smellin' good; will be done in 'bout an hour. Pork Ribs that is.
This is the whitest thing I've ever read.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Did you know that Country Style Ribs have no connection to the ribs? It’s actually part of the pork shoulder. It’s really closer to a Boston Butt than ribs.
did not know that. don't eat a lot of it because of the high fat content but I've always thought it had a ton of flavor and good on the pocket book as well.

Nov 29, 2017
Any pics? Never tried putting ribs in the crock pot before.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
As someone else said, not really ribs. Country style pork ribs are usually just strips cut out of the shoulder, which is the same meat we refer to as a pork butt.

If you want ribs in a crock pot, find a short ribs in red wine reduction recipe. My wife makes it sometimes and its the tits.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
When I first got an instapot 10 years ago, I did baby backs and st louis ribs in it. Not amazing, but passable.

Cover them with a rub, add a half cup of water, a couple of tablespoons of liquid smoke and a splash of vinegar to the pot. Cook in the pot for 40-45 mins. Unplug it and let it naturally depressurize. Takes about 20-30 mins. Then put them in the oven with the broiler rippin' for about 15 mins. Just long enough to pull moisture out of the top of the ribs. Then glaze them with your favorite sauce and put them back in the oven for about 20 mins on 375.

The key is to make sure you got the basket thing that keeps the ribs from touching the bottom of the instapot. If not, they really suck. You should be able to get 2 sets of ribs in the pot. Wrap them about the exterior. Cut them in half if you must,

It's not the greatest, but it will do in a pinch.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Yea, check out what a few others are saying as I learned that it's pork butt and not actually ribs even though the packaging says "Country Style Ribs". Tasty as hell IMO and soft on the wallet. No water needed cuz they have a high fat content. No pics but I enjoyed the hell outta my meal last night. Just a little left over that I've already thrown in the fridge.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
My wife does Country style ribs in the crockpot fairly regularly when the weather is too nasty to grill. We’ve never done actual ribs in the crockpot though. I did go through a phase years ago that I pressure cooked my ribs and then would sauce them and broil them at the very end to tighten them up and give them a little bark. It made a really tender rib but the taste wasn’t great.

Reactions: PearlRiverCoDawg

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Second time using the sous vide I got for Christmas. Pulled out a couple frozen filets, thawed, sous vide at 120, finished in cast iron skillet with butter and garlic, pulled at 125.
Twice baked potatoes
Homemade bread from Saturday that I put a garlic cheese butter spread on top and toasted

Reactions: Conman90
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login