Yall Sure About Retaining Bump?

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Not sure if they've practiced all week
no. i don't know why there's all of the love on here over Bumphis. his group hasn't improved one bit since game 1, and are MUCH worse than last year. can't block. run wrong routes, can't catch a cold. clean the entire house out, and start over. we are in a complete rebuild, anyway. no need to retain anyone for consistency. unless you want to remain consistently bad

patdog

May 28, 2007
no. i don't know why there's all of the love on here over Bumphis. his group hasn't improved one bit since game 1, and are MUCH worse than last year. can't block. run wrong routes, can't catch a cold. clean the entire house out, and start over. we are in a complete rebuild, anyway. no need to retain anyone for consistency. unless you want to remain consistently bad
We also lost 3 of our top 4 receivers from last year. These guys were backups for a reason. But you’re right. They’re not exactly being coached up either. I expected better. He seemed to be doing pretty good at Utah.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
We should stop hiring coaches just because they played here or are from Mississippi. Some more good ole boy BS that needs to go.
I 100% agree with ditching the whole Mississippi ties BS mindset. However, I will say that I’ve worked with people in the past (especially young people) that I thought were incompetent and then ran across them after they changed companies and they performed totally different when they were managed better. In other words, is this all him or filtering down from Barbay?

Reactions: msstatelp1

Indndawg

Nov 16, 2005
I 100% agree with ditching the whole Mississippi ties BS mindset. However, I will say that I’ve worked with people in the past (especially young people) that I thought were incompetent and then ran across them after they changed companies and they performed totally different when they were managed better. In other words, is this all him or filtering down from Barbay?
I thought about this too. Filtered down from ZA to Barbay to Bump, still they look terrible

3407Dewey

Jun 4, 2014
I was impressed with the receivers’ routes and pass catching at Utah when Bump was there. For that reason, I’m thinking it’s more on Barbay.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
Clean house. Bumphis included. I agree that the reason anybody has a man-crush on him is because he played at State, and that is all.

Reactions: Mjoelner

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
I'm not sure if they've PRACTICED all week
Leach wanted him in an off the field role, and got absolutely BLASTED here. The only coaches I would retain are Turner, Mele, Knox. I would try to put Bump and Hughes in off field roles, but if they go it’s probably for the best long term.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I hate that he left Utah for this dumpster fire. I won’t care too much if we let him go, because it happens. I just wish we hadn’t brought him in and now set his career back a little.

‘Home’ is never quite as good as it sounds.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login